Video "Casting" ...........How do I get my hands in front of ball? HELP!

I like the restraint shown, lol. Please don’t tell him how you really feel. Ouch.

I’ll throw you a challenge, fix my swing. Lol!

If you can that would be forum famous as I tend to get a little, ahem, long in my swing.

Forgive a former LD guy for not knowing how to play real golf.

let’s see the move

This change won’t happen overnight. Probably something you want to do during the off-season.

I can tell you this: Do NOT start pulling on the handle. Stop 🛑 right now with that 💩feel. Sorry whoever mentioned that, but it’s true.

Your SetUp is too “athletic”. You start low and then stand up. I’d prefer you did the exact opposite. Stand much taller and then learn how to get into the ground. You are aimed way right and coming way over the top. That’s what you have to do to hit it straight and square the face.

Your arms need to get deeper and higher and you need to leave them back for as long as possible. Check out my swing in another post. That’s a decent model for width but I’m trying for more back and lower. Gives you room to come from the inside by keeping your hands high for a long time.

You need to learn how to use your legs properly and in the right sequence By staying centered and getting into the ground. This will turn what will Soon start to hook into a straight ball. (Keeping hands deeper and back longer will create an inside path). Rotating more moves path left.

We don’t do band-aides, and unfortunately for you to have more shaft lean you have to fix quite a few things, otherwise it will be impossible. 🤷‍♂️
I never could quite understand what pulling on the handle in the golf swing means, unless it's an anecdotal description for something else that is actually happening that feels like one is pulling on the handle.

I never could quite understand what pulling on the handle in the golf swing means, unless it's an anecdotal description for something else that is actually happening that feels like one is pulling on the handle.
🙏 Amen...I knew I wasn’t the bad guy here. 😂😂😂

to op, please don’t go chasing feels. stick to the professional advice from guys like @TrueMotionMatt or your local pro. if you watch a video and go to the range, how do you know whether 1) the video is actually you need to work on, and 2) whether the work you’re doing is actually correct? in golf, practice doesn’t make perfect; practice makes permanent. the longer you spend ingraining their wrong move(s), the harder it is to fix the bad before you own the good.

See the video below. There are 6 swings here with your drill. The first couple are half swings with the ball wayyyy back in my stance. The next few are full regular swings (and I always try and think "pull across to my left hip" thoughts.) Sure enough, what we see is that putting the ball back in my stance de-lofted the club and put my hands in front of the ball. But, we can still see my wrists are casting too early. So, when I put it in mid-stance, the same issue returns. Physics of putting the ball back in the stance with my current bad swing makes de-loft inevitable.

I feel like the centrifugal force of the club forces the casting motion, and there's no way around in unless my wrists specifically try to fight the unhinge and hold it back. Obviously this isn't correct, so I'm missing something big. I shouldn't feel like I'm holding back or fighting the unhinge.

The first swing looked like it was going in the right direction.

I think you are intending to hit the ball with maximum speed (not meaning the fastest you can swing but that the fastest part of any given swing is at impact). That creates full extension at impact and thus the early release.

Full extension (and the feeling of max speed) is supposed to happen well after impact. That means the “feel” is that the fastest part of the swing is after impact. It’s counter-intuitive.

This is very difficult to make this change... going from early release to proper (late or post-impact release).

I made the change about 20 years ago (after playing golf for about 13 years). Learning to pull the butt of the club (in a circle, not straight at the ball, mind you) as if I were stabbing something in front of me with the butt... that was how I began to make the change.

You sort of have to feel like the ball is the end of a log that’s laying on its side on the ground, and you’re trying to split the log. If you were swinging an axe you would just begin the release (uncocking the wrists) at the head of the log and the full extension would happen at the end of the log. You have to swing all the way through the log, not just weakly chop at the head of it and then quit or pull up (which would flip the log instead of splitting it)... you have to stay down and drive all the way through the log.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pulling on the handle comes with bracing the body which stifles rotation. Not good.

I'd say the pull drill is reinforcing right side domination. The swing arc is behind the ball, off the right foot insole, and it appears you're trying very hard to manipulate the club path back to inside out. My 1 cent.

Attachments

• 2020-09-29_21-44-26.jpg
    2020-09-29_21-44-26.jpg
    24.2 KB · Views: 3
Ahh hell, I’ve got Freddie video f’ing it all up.

I shall try again.

I quit. Internet is hard.

/done

Back