Castor's journey to sewing and the world of cloth. Making your own head covers.

Some great work Henri! Hyvin tehty ... hyvin tehty todellakin

The easier you make this look, Henri, the better the chance I have of getting some custom covers of my own courtesy of my wife and her sewing machine. Keep 'em coming!

Very nice. We gave my 8-yr old a sewing machine for Christmas. I hesitate to mention this to her, lest I get a set of Cookie Monster Headcovers for my birthday, but it's great project. Ill have to show her.

Nice work.

Castor's journey to sewing and the world of cloth. Making your own head covers.

How much for the vest to be made into another cover???

I don't think I'm quite there yet, to set prices or be able to deliver on demand :D But, I'm sure we can figure something out when the time comes. I'm re-working the first proto from the pinstripe suit, some filling, a new lining etc. I'll keep you Icey & erock posted on that one if it turns out any good.

-----

I tried something today tough...the second herring bone tweed got done. Pink velour on the inside & a handle on the top.

IMG_2729.jpg

IMG_2732.jpg

Last edited:
I don't think I'm quite there yet, to set prices or be able to deliver on demand :D But, I'm sure we can figure something out when the time comes. I'm re-working the first proto from the pinstripe suit, some filling, a new lining etc. I'll keep you Icey posted on that one if it turns out any good.

-----

I tried something today tough...the second herring bone tweed got done. Pink velour on the inside & a handle on the top.

IMG_2729.jpg

IMG_2732.jpg

The handle will work great!

You absolutely killed it, great job! Those look so cool, I'd buy them in a heartbeat.

I lack sewing skills, but given how awesome yours came out, I might try to turn my old suits into something useful as well.

You absolutely killed it, great job! Those look so cool, I'd buy them in a heartbeat.

I lack sewing skills, but given how awesome yours came out, I might try to turn my old suits into something useful as well.

Go for it! It's infuriating, yet relaxing and fun :D

Pretty cool. I love the sleeve buttons. There would definitely be a niche market for that look.

Oh your good.

Henri - just curious if you're tapering these or using the same width all the way top to bottom? I guess I'm curious if you've experienced any issues with pulling these over the driver head.

Love how these are turning out buddy! The latest rendition with the handle is really cool.

They are tapered, the opening is enough for a 460cc, and easy to pull on, and so far they seem to stay on pretty well. Sure only after a round played I can be certain :) I might need to recruit someone for that since the temp is -1.12 °F outside :D

Last edited:
Wow, that looks great bud!

You're killing it with these. I LOVE the buttons too. Being a HIMYM fan, glad to see I can make my clubs "Suit Up" I'd definitely be interested if you get around to selling.

Castor your killing it with these

I got to get my wife to make me some

Saw these on instagram. So freaking cool Henri.

Looks great! The buttons and colored pull tabs are a nice touch.

Wow, those look fantastic! You have some creative skill there, I'm now wishing I didn't donate 4 suits to goodwill when I moved...

I re-did the first prototype to a more solid version. Now it's a two-in-one reversible cover, both sides are usable and looks ok. Now I've got 4 decent looking homemade head covers. I'm aiming to make more :D

Did some finishing touches on the buttons, and added some padding.

IMG_2733.jpg

IMG_2735.jpg

IMG_2736.jpg

IMG_2746.jpg

IMG_2739.jpg

IMG_2741.jpg

IMG_2743.jpg

Headcover no.5 :) This is quite addicting....

This time a piece of cloth I found that got the treatment...plaid. The inline is bought at a sale for random pieces of cloth...I haven't decided which golf shirts I want to destroy.

Less details on this one, but maybe the next version of this will get some buttons, maybe not. :D

IMG_2754.jpg

IMG_2757.jpg

IMG_2764.jpg

IMG_2769.jpg

IMG_2781.jpg

I might need to do something more colorful next, five of these is enough for now D

IMG_2777.jpg

IMG_2776.jpg

Henri these are so so good. Put me on the list. I'm ready to place my order!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Love the tweed ones CH. They look fantastic.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

This is the most amazing thing that I've seen this month. I thought the buttons and the tweed couldn't be topped and then I saw the argyle..so awesome!

Back