Castor's journey to sewing and the world of cloth. Making your own head covers.

I'll take one of the red plaid bad boys with a handel at the top Those look fantastic Henri .

Castor's journey to sewing and the world of cloth. Making your own head covers.

First head cover of 2015 :D

This was a jacket from a thrift shop in that area of the city where you don't want to be in. So there could be some history behind those neat little buttons.

IMG_2841.jpg

IMG_2842.jpg

IMG_2847.jpg

IMG_2828.jpg

IMG_2834.jpg

Last edited:
Henri is throwing out some amazing stuff.

CH they are getting better and better. I like the high roller.

Wow! Pretty damn cool. Very creative.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

So much awesome in this thread makes me want to try and learn to sew.

You better save up some time because the orders are going to start piling up.

This thread is awesome! Really nice work CH! My wife has mad skills with fabric, but unfortunately no interest in golf! Hoping I can show her some of your photos and see if she'll make me a couple.

Work in progress...gotta sleep though...tomorrow is a new day :)

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1420153980.937156.jpg

Henri, you are astounding.

Wow. These things are pretty amazing. Great work!

The morning shift at the factory produced something different...camouflaged snowboarding monkeys.

IMG_2853.jpg

IMG_2858.jpg

IMG_2859.jpg

This needs to go to Shark Tank stat. These are fantastic.

This needs to go to Shark Tank stat. These are fantastic.

Agreed, I'm extremely impressed.

Would be fun to have a set built with whatever fabric someone wants. These all look phenomenal.

Agreed, I'm extremely impressed.

Would be fun to have a set built with whatever fabric someone wants. These all look phenomenal.
Should get them licensed by a few of the big OEMs. Formal attire for the sticks.

Do we have any patent lawyers here? :D

I should send one of these to Harry and Chad so they could suit up Phil :D

That's a no brainer. Just match the striped pants. Patent or at least ® it.

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk

Pretty sharp...especially like the buttons on there

[h=2]Shark Tank[/h] The producers of the ABC reality series Shark Tank are on a nationwide search to discover the next successful (and possibly wealthy) entrepreneurs, inventors, businesspersons, creators and innovators. In each episode, budding entrepreneurs are given the unprecedented chance to make their business grow immediately.
Whether you just have a fantastic idea, are a start up or already operating successfully and looking to expand, if you feel you have a lucrative business or product and could use financial backing, then Shark Tank is just the show for you. Casting is looking for entrepreneurs who can pitch their breakthrough business concepts, products, properties and services to moguls in hopes of landing investment funds. If selected, five self-made, brilliant but tough investors (the Sharks) could be willing to part with their own hard-earned cash to give you the funding you need to jumpstart your venture. But the Sharks aren't just out to invest; they too have a goal -- to own a piece.
Your business or product should be top-notch and something the Sharks will really want to sink their teeth into. It might even spark a bidding war between them. Who knows? You could be the fortunate entrepreneur who gets the Sharks to reveal their true level of interest and to bid up the price of your investment!
Apply now for your chance to enter the Shark Tank and see if your idea is good enough for a Shark investment.
There are two ways to apply.
1. Send us an email
2. Attend an Open Call
http://abc.go.com/casting

These really do look fantastic. Great work. Love some of the liner combinations you're throwing in there too.

The camo is sweet!

Henri..how long is it taking on average to get 1 done?

Henri..how long is it taking on average to get 1 done?

It totally depends on the "shell" layer...the ones that I've made from jacket sleeves take longer than from the ones I've used a simple piece of fabric (for example the camo). This is because the sleeves need to be opened and the put together again, as well as the buttons and details / special cuts can be a real pain in the a**...

Plus...i really do suck at sewing so I have to redo alot of stuff...and I make everything by feel and freehand so the measurements can go wrong every now and then :) but it makes them all unique.

So...I'd say that from 1 to 3 hours...but I do get better all the time...of course the planning and selecting fabrics take some time to...with work and kids I can make one or two in a day.

I suppose if I would keep on doing one a day, I could make a simple version a lot faster when I really get the hang of it.

Back