Tenputt

Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
GHIN 5.4
I keep reading about the almost miraculous benefits of CBD oil? Has anybody here tried it and found it to be helpful? If so, how?

I did a search and did not see a thread on this. Apologies if I missed something.

I use the gummies and some creams/balms.

I'd have a really hard time making a significant claim on them, but I am hard pressed to claim I've had marginal experiences to suggest it helps.

Not really into the idea of daily tincture use so haven't gone that route yet. Mostly just minor aids.

This is CBD...

1598367608519.png

I have some drops I take in the morning and some gum I keep in my bag, I need to try some of the other stuff, so far I find it works, but maybe not as well or intense as I expected.

The only CBD of the top of my head I can endorse is Clynelish, Blantons, & Dalmore

I use something like CBD oil for enjoyment and anxiety purposes LOL!

I know a guy from my hometown who has been claiming for a couple of years now that a CBD oil regimen cured his stage 4 cancer.

I am skeptical, to say the least.

I'm sure it works for some people and doesn't work for others. Someone I know that tried it said it had little to no effect. I've never tried it myself, and I'm not really inclined to either.

If you try it, I'd suggest a pure source. How to tell that, I have no idea other than trust the packaging, web sites, and customer service.

I know a guy from my hometown who has been claiming for a couple of years now that a CBD oil regimen cured his stage 4 cancer.

I am skeptical, to say the least.
Are you sure it wasn't "Rick Simpson" oil? I have heard legit anecdotal accounts, but it was full spectrum, heavy duty Simpson style oil that they used complete with tons of THC and terpenes, etc. I would not expect that to be the case with just over the counter CBD at all.

Most people I have talked to in "legal states" where you can get both full spectrum and over the counter, they swear by full spectrum for the "entourage" effect of all the plant's components working together.

I and my wife use the roll on for muscle pain and we have seen some pretty good results, it may just be in our heads but it does seem to relieve some discomfort from a sore neck for example. The wife has a bad neck and has used stuff like Blue Emu with some minor help, she put on the CBD and a little while later said the pain was gone.

I took a pretty nasty fall a couple of weeks ago and brusied my right thigh muscle really bad, I put this on everyday and while there is still some lingering soreness it again seems to help. Now it could just be time healing the muscle but it is easy to do and why not try everything out there.

They are technically unregulated products with all the over the counter CBD, so be careful no matter what you do. You may not know just what it is you are taking, overall. So hard to judge effectiveness in that context.

I have been taking it at night for about 6 months mostly to try to help me sleep. I feel like I am sleeping a bit better but it is hard to tell if it is from the CBD or in my head. I don’t feel like it has impacted inflammation or anything like that.

I asked my primary care physician about it and he said he didn’t see any downside to it. I have been taking Urbal Active drops 4 or 5 at night.

Do it the right way and get your daily dose of CBD and THC for best results! ;)

Are you sure it wasn't "Rick Simpson" oil? I have heard legit anecdotal accounts, but it was full spectrum, heavy duty Simpson style oil that they used complete with tons of THC and terpenes, etc. I would not expect that to be the case with just over the counter CBD at all.

Most people I have talked to in "legal states" where you can get both full spectrum and over the counter, they swear by full spectrum for the "entourage" effect of all the plant's components working together.
Apparently, RSO has higher levels of THC, or at least that's my understanding. Still, a cannabis extract.

Also not sure how you managed to pair the words "legit anecdotal" together. :LOL:

Here's one version of the story:

I keep reading about the almost miraculous benefits of CBD oil? Has anybody here tried it and found it to be helpful? If so, how?

I did a search and did not see a thread on this. Apologies if I missed something.

What's the difference between the oils and creams/lotions?

Apparently, RSO has higher levels of THC, or at least that's my understanding. Still, a cannabis extract.

Also not sure how you managed to pair the words "legit anecdotal" together. :LOL:

Here's one version of the story:
Ahhh...see they worked directly with Rick Simpson, and it was part of the chemo treatment.
I was on "chemo" for 6 years for the Crohns and used cannabis in conjunction (no state programs at the time.)
I'll never say it will "cure" anything, as sometimes the body is so damaged, you need multiple angles. But the place it has in health and the human body is undeniable, and, since there is no "official" testing, its all then in the "anecdotal" bin, unfortunately.
But I get mouth sores all the way down through my whole intestinal track down to my @sshole, which is riddled with holes from my body eating through itself. Cannabis is helping me to heal, just like that gentleman. I'm only able to even entertain returning to golf because of this. (y)
I worked with a gal that had MS and we compared notes all the time and pretty much were on the same drugs too.

I think it depends on what you are trying to use it for. I've debated on going that route for assistance with my rheumatoid arthritis but I still have fears of something showing up on a drug test if I had to take one. As pointed out, it is still really unregulated at this point so the best bet it is find one that publishes their test results. Some places publish the results of each batch they make.

Just the format the CBD is presented in and how you take it. Some could be more potent than others. Every product should indicate how many mg of CBD are included in each does.

I think it depends on what you are trying to use it for. I've debated on going that route for assistance with my rheumatoid arthritis but I still have fears of something showing up on a drug test if I had to take one. As pointed out, it is still really unregulated at this point so the best bet it is find one that publishes their test results. Some places publish the results of each batch they make.
They didn't include any workplace protections in OH either? Isn't it a sad world where they deny people medicine?

My auto immune arthritis is fierce and its working for me. Mom has the rheumatoid too. I wish I could get her to try for that and her crohns, but she will not. Her generation still thinks its the devil, even though she is actively dying.
I have to say, they claim its all tested here for the med program, but I have no idea who does the testing or where for purity, etc.
But after a very bad experience on the streets, it was time to go through the state. Vaping a "pure" product is so much different and easier on the body. I support anyone doing whatever they want or need to, however. (y)

A cream or lotion is more localized and topical, whereas you would ingest the oil for a more body-wide holistic effect as I understand it. (y)
I feel a great holistic effect even with vapor. But it can be more targeted if I were to take a tincture or other edible option to the guts or wherever healing is needed. (y)

I've used the oils & gummies but didn't see any real results. Maybe you have to use it for a longer period of time than I was willing to put forth :unsure:

Back