It doesn't surprise me that your physician is not a fan of CBD. They are usually under the sway of Big Pharma. My buddy was having prostate issues, as we all do as we age, and his doc found his prostate "slightly"enlarged! And he wanted to prescribe a drug for him. He told the doc that friends of his had advised him that taking "saw palmetto" and drinking cranberry juice could alleviate the condition. The doctor told him that it wouldn't do any harm to do that, but that he was basically paid to write scrips for Big Pharma!

When my buddy told me that I was astounded that the doc would be so honest! So many of them are on the string now, that it's hard to stay free of it!

IMO there are two ways to look at this...

One way is to assume physicians are ignoring alternative or holistic treatments because they are close-minded at best, and dishonest at worst. There are certainly many who are.

Another is that physicians have seen patients suffer as a result of going by claims by those who will profit from selling non-FDA treatments that have zero value. And there are certainly those who do as well. Cannabis is a lucrative business. There are a lot of claims of it helping with a multitude of ailments and to my knowledge, many have yet to be proven.

Not all doctors are dishonest. Some simply put more trust in the peer review and clinical testing processes than they do anecdotal evidence or claims by those who would profit from it.

In the end, no one on the internet knows what's best for others. Either you trust your physician, or you don't. You trust what seems to work for you, or you don't. If the benefits from smoking weed outweighed the negatives, I'd be all over it. But in my world, I've yet to experience that.

I seriously don't know why some people even go to the doctor anymore. They just complain about the recommendations they do get and would much rather treat themselves with google and twitters. :LOL:

I started taking CBD to maybe help with my awful back. My back being what it is, I can't say that it's had any effect at all. But concurrently, I'd been suffering from arthritis in my hands over the last few years. And it was getting pretty bad. Didn't really consider that CBD might help with this as I was so lower back focused, but it sure as heck did. The continuous pain in my fingers is gone. After a quick warm-up of only a few swings, any stiffness in my fingers from swinging a golf club disappears. The only discomfort I'll feel is if I happen to bang my hand on something or tap firmly on my joints but even that sensation is drastically reduced.

Prior to CBD, in the gym once, I dropped a 35 lb dumbell because I just couldn't hold it. I'd been an avid lifter for years and am pretty strong. Although coming back from a layoff, this surprised and darned well depressed me. But now I can grab the 100's without any weakness nor discomfort.

I have gummies, tinctures and the roll-on but I've only used the gummies now for the longest. I take one before play and one before bed nearly every night. I didn't do any research on my own but I trusted a friend at the club who said he read up for countless hours. So I just bought what he suggested. The pricing actually sucks, LOL... but this skeptic has been won over. I buy from cbdMd.

Hello @WMac19, thanks for sharing your experience with CBD, even though it's been a year since this discussion started. Your story about how CBD has helped with your arthritis and overall well-being is still valuable and relevant.
For anyone interested in exploring CBD products, it's worth considering the options available at trythecbd.com. They offer various products, including delta 8 gummies, known for their mild psychoactive effects. It's great to know that you found something that works for you, even if the pricing can be a bit steep at times.

Last edited:
I need the idiots tutorial here. I'm assuming CBD oil and gummies are different in that gummies have THC in them and the oil does not? Does THC or CBD work best for joint arthritis discomfort. Just examining some options before seeing a rheuma type person.

I need the idiots tutorial here. I'm assuming CBD oil and gummies are different in that gummies have THC in them and the oil does not? Does THC or CBD work best for joint arthritis discomfort. Just examining some options before seeing a rheuma type person.
You are half correct. You can get gummies or Oil that is just CBD or just THC and some will have both. They are all just carriers, gummier vs Oil vs Capsules

You do have to be carefull when purchasing CBD because some less than honerable companies were putting out CBD gummies that had THC in them and people were testing pos on drug tests. CBD levels were varrying greatly also. Some had less than advertised and some had far more.
If your going to try CBD and it does work look for a reputable company.

I found this woman (herbnparadice) on Instagram who makes CBD+THC oil and she makes bath bombs and hand scrubs also.
I will say that I use the THC/CBD oil it is AMAZING. My hands don't hurt at all during the round.

Last edited:
There are products available to suit a variety of THC/CBD levels, and you can take them in a few forms - our dispensaries list percentage levels of THC/CBD and it’s helpful in choosing what your looking for. I use oils and the gummies and it seems to help me quite a bit, my back feels better and my sleep has really improved.

I need the idiots tutorial here. I'm assuming CBD oil and gummies are different in that gummies have THC in them and the oil does not?
Either can contain THC. And, while THC may be legal at the state level in many states it's still illegal at the federal level.

Here's an extensive article on CBD vs. THC: Is CBD legal? Here’s what you need to know, according to science

I used CBD oil or gummies for... a year or so? They seemed to help with certain pain I would experience. Since I started working out regularly a bit over a year ago I've found I don't need any of that anymore.

My wife has had numerous back surgeries. She just prefers to smoke her weed. Does her wonders, and her pill use has dropped by more than half since she started smoking.
My back is also horrible, but I work for the Government so weed is off the table. I just eat opioids. NSAIDs and steroids. All prescribed. Our Federal Government is really, really stupid. Just because your son is a crack head doesn't mean it's weeds fault Joe. He has an addictive personality, that is all.......

Our Federal Government is really, really stupid.
Not stupid. Not stupid at all. It's just that the bureaucracy's priority isn't what you think it is: The health and welfare of the American taxpayer.

You are half correct. You can get gummies or Oil that is just CBD or just THC and some will have both. They are all just carriers, gummier vs Oil vs Capsules

You do have to be carefull when purchasing CBD because some less than honerable companies were putting out CBD gummies that had THC in them and people were testing pos on drug tests. CBD levels were varrying greatly also. Some had less than advertised and some had far more.
If your going to try CBD and it does work look for a reputable company.

I found this woman (herbnparadice) on Instagram who makes CBD+THC oil and she makes bath bombs and hand scrubs also.
I will say that I use the THC/CBD oil it is AMAZING. My hands don't hurt at all during the round.

Thank you. I will check this out, but I hope I don't start hearing Hendrix in my downswing.

Back