CBS adds Davis Love III to its broadcast team

Bernoulli

Team Hackers 4Life
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
CBS Sports has announced that Davis Love III will be joining its golf broadcast team. Interesting, with the departures of McCord and Kostis. I don't know what to make of this as I haven't seen / heard DL III in a commentator role. One thing though is he may have more insight as to the current players because he competed against them and Captained the Ryder Cup. We'll see how he turns out.

He will have to win me over....not a huge fan of him. Seems a little uptight.

He gives a good interview but that is a completely different animal than commentating. He won't have McCord's snark but, like you said, he'll have substantial recent experience with a good many of the players. With the walk and talk idea out there, Davis may be able to get more players to talk rather than them giving canned answers or completely refusing someone else. That assumes he is on the course and CBS is bringing that over to its broadcast from PGA Tour Live.

Not a fan at all. Will Dru get a job too? They said dropping Kostis and McCord was because it got "stale"

DLIII is the epitome of stale to me.

meh...

I'm gonna miss McCord

He will have to win me over....not a huge fan of him. Seems a little uptight.

I agree completely. He has always struck me that way also.

I'm not sold on him for live commentary. I usually like a bit snarkiness and passive aggressiveness. Is he in the booth or will he be on a hole or on the course?

DL III's credentials as a player are as solid as it gets, so my guess is that he will provide some insightful commentary and be an asset to the CBS team.

source.gif

I’ll give him a few starts but geez I already throw on a PGA event from the PVR when I have insomnia but thinking with DL3 I’ll be asleep before I get a chance to lay my head back on the couch o_O

Back