Celebrity Children Names

RocketSauce

ManBearPig
Reaction score
I just ran across a story about celebs naming their kids these really strange names. here is a small list:

Apple (Gwyneth Paltrow and Chris Martin)
Banjo (Rachel Griffiths)
Bronx Mowgli (Ashlee Simpson and Pete Wentz)
Jermajesty (Jermaine Jackson)
Kal-El (Nicolas Cage)
Maddox (Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt)
Moon Unit (Frank Zappa)
Moxie Crimefighter (Penn Jillette)
Pilot Inspektor (Jason Lee)
Satchel (Mia Farrow and Woody Allen)
Suri (Katie Holmes and Tom Cruise)
Zuma Nesta Rock (Gwen Stefani and Gavin Rossdale)

i just couldnt name one of my kids something weird like that. out of all of those names i think Satchel is the most normal of them all (Satchel Paige) and I actually had a dog named Satchel when i was a kid, lol....

Pilot Inspektor??? Moxie Crimefighter??? c'mon.....

Pilot Inspektor is by far the best

Satchel was indeed named for Satchel Paige.

I don't think Maddox is weird at all to be honest and Apple's name goes very well with her fathers last name.

I don't think Apple is that weird either. Kinda sweet actually.

I can't believe no one has mentioned Tiger naming his daughter "Sam". Not Samantha, but the boy's name Sam. I mean, he even said it was because his father thought Tiger looked like a Sam.

C'mon dude. Didn't you ever hear "A Boy Named Sue" by Johnny Cash?

Im going to name my first son Dale Jr. because the real Dale Jr isnt living up to the Earnhardt name. :act-up:

Im going to name my first son Dale Jr. because the real Dale Jr isnt living up to the Earnhardt name. :act-up:

I have names picked out already too, which is funny 'cause I don't want children...ever.

My baby's name is Maggie-Mae Layla. If she would have been a boy the name was, Hendrix Strat-Scott

I love boys names for girls, like Billie or Bobbie or Alex and I also like Sam...However, some of the celebrity kids names are just way too out there for me. If we ever have children JB already picked out the boys name and if it's a girl I have to find a way to incorporate the letter H for my grandmothers (they both had the same name).

I have names picked out already too, which is funny 'cause I don't want children...ever.

We had the kids' names picked out long before they came along. Good, traditional names that are all over both families. You can spell them when you hear them, lots of usable nicknames, low middle school torture factor.

We also gave the kids other family names, for in utero. We went trolling and found the worst combination of family names we could. So we told everyone we were going to name The Kid Eginhardt Merz and Boo Girl Isabella Gizella (Izzy Gizzy).

Honestly, only one of Frank Zappa's kids has a semi-normal name (Ahmet):

Moon Unit
Dweezil (originally Ian Donald Calvin Euclid since the hospital refused to put Dweezil on the certificate)
Diva
Ahmet

Back