Celery: Yay or Nay?

Celery

• Yay

Votes: 45 81.8%
  • Nay

Votes: 10 18.2%

• Total voters
Hate it raw, don't mind it in a stir fry, definitely use it in braises to lend flavour.

Yes. Even better dipped in peanut butter or ranch.

Yes. I like celery.

In Thanksgiving stuffing/dressing or with blue cheese when eating wings, I can do it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Heck to the heck, yes!

3A7D2D52-1D55-496F-8F3E-FDEA9E54FFB3.jpeg

I like it but wife hates the texture of it in food dishes so I either have to substitute with celery salt or leave pieces big enough to pull out before serving. Also eat it raw with peanut butter or cream cheese & chopped peperoni.

Yes because peanut butter. By itself - why?

Celery with a good pimento cheese dip is awesome.
Also like it with peanut butter.

Love it! Dipped in hot sauce 😍

Love it! Just eat it before it gets old and limp.

Depends on the celery. Good celery is slightly sweet and tastes amazing. Bad celery is so harsh you can't eat it. I sometimes wonder if people who claim to not like celery ever tasted good celery because it can be hard to find and it's a crapshoot.

It’s good with a dip. A little bland on its own.

I don’t mind it so long as all the strings are removed.

I think they consider this one of the "negative calorie" foods, in that you burn more calories to digest celery than you ingest initially. I love it; but of course, I usually eat it with peanut butter or tuna salad, negating the negative calorie effects...

Raw with peanut butter, cream cheese or hummus, diced & sautéed in soaps or stuffings or used a stirrer in a spicy Bloody Mary, I’m all in on celery.

eaten with peanut butter is one of my favorite snacks!

Yes, but only because it’s the base for all the good creole food out there!

It's part of the "trinity" isn't it? The Creoles were wise indeed!

It depends what it's in. I'm not a fan of if in things like macaroni salad or sushi. The change in texture gets me. But I'm good with it in pretty much every other situation.

I love these people who like all mooshy stuff with no change in textures! That's part of the spice of life!

Throw some peanut butter on it and it is so good, does wonders in tuna sandwiches and pretty sure it’s in dressing.

Tuna and chicken salad it works wonders. For dressings I'm guessing it's more "celevery oil".

Depends on the celery. Good celery is slightly sweet and tastes amazing. Bad celery is so harsh you can't eat it. I sometimes wonder if people who claim to not like celery ever tasted good celery because it can be hard to find and it's a crapshoot.

This is why I buy only celery hearts! Smaller ribs from the center of the celery. Still, look at the base and the tips of the ribs to get some idea of how old they are. You want those surface to be fairly pale and fresh looking. If they are all really browned and nasty looking, I would take a pass!

I don’t mind it so long as all the strings are removed.

YES! I didn't know that this was possible until about 10 years ago, and it's easy to do. No more strings between the teeth!

I think they consider this one of the "negative calorie" foods, in that you burn more calories to digest celery than you ingest initially. I love it; but of course, I usually eat it with peanut butter or tuna salad, negating the negative calorie effects...

Yes, peanut butter and mayo are so hideously disfiguring! Sheesh! It makes wonder how diet paranoid that we have become. Unless you live on the stuff, and eat it every day, RELAX!

It’s alright.

Raw, make sure to take the spines off and then it’s good with peanut butter and raisins!

Cooked, I dice it very small and add to other foods like sauces or stir fry.

raw, cooked or in a salad.....yep

I’ve found uncooked no way, but cooked in like stuffing I don’t mind it.

I like it, but won't eat it very often because it gets old for me fast. Prefer it chopped in tuna or very occasionally with peanut butter or dip/dressing.

Another vote for celery with creamy Jif

Back