Cell phone attachment for your push cart?

UberPete

Golfin' in the Hammer
Reaction score
Handicap
no skill?
I am looking for a cell phone mount for my push cart. It needs to meet the following criteria:

1. The phone can be tilted around and the camera is not obscured; I want to be able to occasionally record a group photo or capture a video of my swing without detaching the phone.

2. It needs to be sturdy enough that I'm not worried about it detaching if I go over some rough patches, but still convenient enough to remove if I get an urgent phone call or something.

3. Ideally, it can remain attached to the cart when I fold it down and not interfere with collapsing of the cart.

4. I would prefer not to have to stick anything to my phone. I don't mind a mag plate that can go inside the case but I don't want to have some adaptor glued to the back of my phone when it's not on the cart. If need be, I could purchase a second case for this purpose...

The official clicgear GPS holder looks secure but not very adjustable for video and requires sticking a plastic part to the back which I'm not keen on for my cell phone.
Screenshot_20200930-162549.jpgScreenshot_20200930-162610.jpg

I'm thinking something more universal like this:

Amazon listing

Anyhow, I'd appreciate hearing if anyone has experiences or recommendations!

Last edited:
i wonder if i can clip my beeper on there?

@OITW this is what I use to hold my phone
image.jpg

I dont think it satisfies #1 of your requirements....

Clickcaddie
Uses magnets or a bungie type material.
1601499373278.png

Desert Fox

1601499438571.png

They have ones for motorcycles that will probably work as well

i wonder if i can clip my beeper on there?
Is it funny that the first thing I did was check the date on this post to make sure I wasn't reading a reply from 1997? :ROFLMAO:

That would work in a power cart. My push cart ball holders are under a cover so there is nowhere to snap the ball base into.
Yeah that doesn't fit a push cart.

I was looking at this one: TruActive Should do what you want.

I was looking at this one: TruActive Should do what you want.
Thanks for the suggestion. I'm concerned that the webbing that holds the phone would block the camera lens. I want to be able to park the cart, hit record and then go swing.81cpB2RVQWL~2.jpge5a8205b-d3c7-45e6-adb3-69d4ed6e4e37_1.34d5d81e5798316471fb8f45d7cfca93~2.jpeg

Monster clamp? I have a similar one for my gopro that I attach to my golf push cart.

View attachment 8966403
I'm not keen on the look of them but I think it might hit all the points I'm looking for other than staying on the cart when unfold it down. With the clamp, that's easy to address. I'll take a look on Amazon, thanks!

I have the ClicGear one and love it. I bought a cheap cell phone case and use that when I’m walking. Solved the case issue for me

While searching for the Monster Mounts, I came across Arkon mounts and they might have what I want. They look sturdy, and well constructed and I may be able leave it attached to the cart when folded; might tick all the boxes.

Screenshot_20201001-103643_Brave.jpg

Last edited:
I have the ClicGear one and love it. I bought a cheap cell phone case and use that when I’m walking. Solved the case issue for me
I can't tell easily from the pics, can you angle it to take video while it is still attached to the cart?

I can't tell easily from the pics, can you angle it to take video while it is still attached to the cart?
I’ll get it mounted later and take some picture for you

here are the pics. Taking video or pictures while mounted doesn’t look like it’s possible. Also when the umbrella holder is in place it won’t rotate landscape

FC75A869-8390-4D76-B4D9-3C9CA9E6A7EE.jpeg

E2DD9568-BA27-4A17-B554-84DB3B1960BA.jpeg
49F5BC43-0F4C-410A-A389-710ABDEA8393.jpeg

Okay, so Arkin look like a decent quality and definitely have a few options that would work, but their Canadian distributors don't carry those options (including Amazon.ca). The one I was looking at was $67 USD which is already a little pricy for a cell phone mount but okay if it's quality and exactly what I want, BUT, then they want another $40 USD for basic ground shipping with a 2 week delivery time.

Did some more searching and I'm going to try this one out. I'm not sure the U-bolt style clamp will fit around the padded cart handle. 🤞

It's only about $25 USD include one day shipping and free returns so it's worth a shot.

Screenshot_20201004-142342_Amazon Shopping.jpg

I received the package today and have completed a quick install. I'm right handed so I put it on the right side of the pushbar to allow easy right handed access while I'm on the move. It came with two U-bolts and the larger worked well. The double ball neck is solid, but easy to adjust between adjusting between facing me for GPS and scoring, and rotating sideways for recording swings.

I think I have a winner!

IMG_20201005_193638.jpgIMG_20201005_193510.jpg

Back