Center Shafted Putters Anyone?

NeverWiff

Reaction score
Handicap
13.4 GHIN
I'm considering a move to a center shafted putter, along the lines of a Cure CX2 or perhaps a SeeMore FGP or MFGP (which look center shafted-ish). I'm a straight back straightforward type of putter, which I've read, is a plus with this style putter... hoping to track some down this week for testing, but in the meantime, anyone have a CS Putter in their bag? Thoughts? Suggestions?

I'm a SBST guy and I am having a heckuva battle between a center-shafted SeeMore and a heel-shafted Odyssey. Both are face balanced, and I think that is what really matters to me. There is something reassuring about a center shaft because I played one for ten years. I would be sure whatever you are looking at is face balanced.

Last edited:
I had a Seemore m5x very solid putter with great feel. My favourite mallet I gamed was a standard Odyssey WHP V line which is money ,I know it is not CS but I also had great success with it using my straight back straight through stroke.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I had a Seemore Si5 that I really liked and switched to a FGP. I'm in love with them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just switched to an Odyessy CS 2 ball and love it. I am a SBST putter also and I am putting really good with this one. Accuracy has improved and making longer single putts! I was using a Ping Anser 2. Only complaint about my 2 ball is the original grip is a standard and I really like a midsize. Tim

I am a center-shafted guy all the way. I have a Seemore M7 and an FGP and i love both of them. before that I used a Slotline Inertial center shafted putter for almost 30 years. It just works for me.

Center shafted putters are getting hard to find now, IMHO.

I'm a big fan of center shafted putters after using my mFGP2 for a while and getting used to it. One note - there's definitely some toe hang in the FGP/FGP2 shapes, so if you're looking for a face balanced putter, that might not be the way to go. The SeeMore putter is meant to work with a bit of an arc, if you're trying to use the SPI stroke/hide the red dot.

I went to a SeeMore SI3 and haven't looked back. I started out on fire with it and even though my putting has come back to earth a little it still gives me more confidence than I've had in a long time.

Putted very well last year with a SeeMore Si2 after struggling initially with it. The center shaft took some getting used to and actually didn't start putting well with it until a grip change. It hasn't made it in the bag yet this year though.

jdtox.... i see you're using the Huntington Beach #6... is that the center shaft also? for the money, I've heard really good things about the Huntington Beach line from Cleveland.. and was thinking that might be on the short list to test along with the SeeMore and a Cure that I've had my eye on as well...

I have an old Taylormade Rossa center shafted mallet and I putt the same way, straight back and straight through. I have always been a fan of this style. I love the center shaft and the ease of alignment. It just looks good at address and is confidence building. The face balance is also good for the SBST type of stroke.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

Full toe hang on the FGP / mFGP putters I have owned. They are face balanced at impact though. If you are looking for a pure face balanced putter, you may want to check out the SeeMore One or PCB. They are both pure center shaft unlike the FPG line putters which are very near center shaft.

jdtox.... i see you're using the Huntington Beach #6... is that the center shaft also? for the money, I've heard really good things about the Huntington Beach line from Cleveland.. and was thinking that might be on the short list to test along with the SeeMore and a Cure that I've had my eye on as well...

No I have the original heel shafted version. I haven't tried the CS version, but have heard good things. I would definitely try out the HB #6s, its a steal for the price.

I'm considering a move to a center shafted putter, along the lines of a Cure CX2 or perhaps a SeeMore FGP or MFGP (which look center shafted-ish). I'm a straight back straightforward type of putter, which I've read, is a plus with this style putter... hoping to track some down this week for testing, but in the meantime, anyone have a CS Putter in their bag? Thoughts? Suggestions?

Send us a note at info@seemore.com. More than happy to answer any questions that you have.

I've been off and on with Center shafts and have done really well with them. I enjoy my time whenever I'm using one, and I'm also more of a straight back straight through (or as much as you can be). Actually been on the lookout recently to move back into one to see if that helps with my current putting woes haha.

I use a Seemore M6CS. And I absolutely love it. It has been in my bag for 4 years. I feel like putting is my strength. Using the RST has totally transformed my green game. There isn't a putt that I feel that I will miss. Do I make them all, No. But I have the confidence on every putt to make a run at the hole no matter how long the distance.

I'm a center shafted guy. While I can't say that I believe that a true SBST stoke exists, I seem to putt better with a face balanced model.

I've owned many of these putters and the two best for me have been:
- Blade: Ping IWI 1/2 craz-e. Ping nailed the feel on this one (better than anything before or after). Also the fact that it has adjustable weights means that it can be made heavier or lighter, face balanced or with toe hang.

- Mallet: Cleveland TFI Mezzo. The size is perfect (identical to the ketsch mid). The alignment line technology just works. It looks great (have had more questions/compliments about this putter than higher end putters) and the feel is really good as well.

While your mileage may vary, if one is looking for a center shafted putter, I would start with one of these two. And I say that having owned a number of Seemores.

I would second the positive thoughts about the Mezzo. I briefly gamed a TFI 2135 mid-mallet last year and loved everything about it except the results. That led me to learn about toe hang and face balance, and when I tried the heel shafted, face balanced Odyssey Versa Works 2 Ball Fang Tank Cruiser, I was shocked by how good my results were. I understand the appeal of a center shaft, believe me, but if you don't get to the goal line in your quest, you may want to try a few heel shafted, face balanced putters. Ping makes a bunch of them in their new Sigma G series. You may be as surprised as I was.

I have been playing CS putters for almost two years. I find it easier to line up my eye, and my putting is (in my opinion) better. Might just be the putter, but i have used Cure RX2, SeeMore Giant, M5 and Z3c. I have a couple of other putters (not CS) that I use but don't feel as if I putt any better with (SC and Betti).

I always seem to come back to the CS putters.

I am a center-shafted guy all the way. I have a Seemore M7 and an FGP and i love both of them. before that I used a Slotline Inertial center shafted putter for almost 30 years. It just works for me.

Center shafted putters are getting hard to find now, IMHO.

Wow - did not know Slotline made a center shafted model. I had the Onset version and played that for about ten years.

I remember when I was the only person I saw with a center shaft putter. It was right after the Payne Stewart win in the U.S. Open in 1999. I had seen a center shafted putter on a cylinder shaped club head at a Play It Again Sports just a few weeks earlier and thought it was cool and had been looking for a putter with a center shaft for some time before that. Went back after that big win and it was gone.

A few months later I had my first SeeMore, the Original Bronze FGP. Been a fan ever since. I am not playing one at the moment, but I still have all three of my old SeeMores (another Original Bronze FGP and a Black FGP I got from THP in 2010). I am fairly certain I will be playing SeeMores in the future.

Thanks for all the thoughts and suggestions gang.... MUCH appreciated. Now to find a day to go and do some testing!!

I'm a fan of center shafted, as I've had success with those putters in the past.

I'm testing out the ping sigma kinloch center shafted putter. I like the accuracy, helps if you are left eye dominant right handed. The feel is a bit less than desired, I haven't dialed it in yet though but you should try it out

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Back