Central NJ, Eastern PA & Surrounding Area Chat

Going to have to check out princeton country club - always enjoyed the laylout but the 2nd half of the back 9 was always in terrible shape. They did a ton of work to the course and facilities since last fall

• Renovation and updated new look to the Pro Shop and Grill Room
  • 4 beers on tap, ice cold aluminum bottles and full food menu
  • New Patio and upstairs balcony
    (providing a scenic view of hole 18)
  • Main entrance and room renovated providing additional space to host outings and functions
  • Relocation of the cart barn and range machine
  • New Bunkers
  • New Irrigation System
  • New Pump House
  • New Forward Tees
  • Added drainage on the back nine
  • Brand new paved parking lot
  • New first tee area

I'll play there!

Sent from my LG-MS770 using Tapatalk

Going to have to check out princeton country club - always enjoyed the laylout but the 2nd half of the back 9 was always in terrible shape. They did a ton of work to the course and facilities since last fall

• Renovation and updated new look to the Pro Shop and Grill Room
  • 4 beers on tap, ice cold aluminum bottles and full food menu
  • New Patio and upstairs balcony
    (providing a scenic view of hole 18)
  • Main entrance and room renovated providing additional space to host outings and functions
  • Relocation of the cart barn and range machine
  • New Bunkers
  • New Irrigation System
  • New Pump House
  • New Forward Tees
  • Added drainage on the back nine
  • Brand new paved parking lot
  • New first tee area

Sign me up for the 4 beers on tap and ice cold aluminum bottles

Is that open to the public?

Good to know. I like to head out to Mercer Co. a couple times a year. Always heard it was Mercer Oaks courses and mountain view or don't bother.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

New forward tees, perfect for me!

Want some advice. At Crystal Springs tomorrow should I play the Blues at 6300 or the Whites at 5900. I know it is tight but I have been hitting it pretty straight lately.

Forecast still holding up for Wednesday....73 and Partly Cloudy....anyone interested??

No go for me on Wednesday. Might be up for a round Friday if the weather is nice.

Forecast still holding up for Wednesday....73 and Partly Cloudy....anyone interested??
Can't do Wednesday, if you play Mercer Oaks East on Wednesday, make sure you look for the shrine I built in honor of your drive on the 14th hole.

Want some advice. At Crystal Springs tomorrow should I play the Blues at 6300 or the Whites at 5900. I know it is tight but I have been hitting it pretty straight lately.

For me it depends on the course conditions, and how far I'm hitting my driver. If I'm hitting it sub 230 and the course is soggy or windy, I'm playing from 5900. Another factor would be how well I'm hitting my hybrids and fairway woods off the tee. If the fairways get too narrow towards the green, then playing from 5900 with driver becomes counter productive. A final factor would be my playing partners, if I'm concerned about their pace of play, I might play from the closer tees to avoid falling behind as a group, and then having to rush my own game to keep pace. Sorry for the rambling, I had too much coffee this morning. Have fun at Crystal Springs!

Can't do Wednesday, if you play Mercer Oaks East on Wednesday, make sure you look for the shrine I built in honor of your drive on the 14th hole.

Hahaha its about time...I'll make sure to autograph it as I go by

For me it depends on the course conditions, and how far I'm hitting my driver. If I'm hitting it sub 230 and the course is soggy or windy, I'm playing from 5900. Another factor would be how well I'm hitting my hybrids and fairway woods off the tee. If the fairways get too narrow towards the green, then playing from 5900 with driver becomes counter productive. A final factor would be my playing partners, if I'm concerned about their pace of play, I might play from the closer tees to avoid falling behind as a group, and then having to rush my own game to keep pace. Sorry for the rambling, I had too much coffee this morning. Have fun at Crystal Springs!

I am playing early and as of now I am alone at my time slot so pace of play shouldn't be an issue. The soggy/windy issue could be a problem. I will play it by ear. The blues are also 72.1/132 from memory so it could help my handicap. I looked at the scorcard and alot of the distance seems to be in the par 5's. There was 1 par 3 over 180 but 3 of the par 5's are over 520 which is fine (3 full shots instead 2 and a wedge). Only 1 par 4 was over 400. Yardage wise is should be doable.

I am playing early and as of now I am alone at my time slot so pace of play shouldn't be an issue. The soggy/windy issue could be a problem. I will play it by ear. The blues are also 72.1/132 from memory so it could help my handicap. I looked at the scorcard and alot of the distance seems to be in the par 5's. There was 1 par 3 over 180 but 3 of the par 5's are over 520 which is fine (3 full shots instead 2 and a wedge). Only 1 par 4 was over 400. Yardage wise is should be doable.

Play the blues. You will be fine.

Good news and bad news for me guys. My daughters softball team has won the championship. Bad news is, and nobody had told me this, is that the winning manager gets the "honor" of coaching the All-Star team! Yea me, NOT! Means another month of softball. Not only that but the All-Star team HAS to practice 6 nights a week. URG!!!! Not much golf for me until July.

I agree with fireitup go for the blues. Congrats and sorry about your softball success fireitup.

Sent from my LG-MS770 using Tapatalk

Good news and bad news for me guys. My daughters softball team has won the championship. Bad news is, and nobody had told me this, is that the winning manager gets the "honor" of coaching the All-Star team! Yea me, NOT! Means another month of softball. Not only that but the All-Star team HAS to practice 6 nights a week. URG!!!! Not much golf for me until July.

See you in July Jeff

Your daughter must be excited - Enjoy! there will always be golf to play

Congrats to your daughter.

I played the whites (could have played the blues) and shot a 94. I thought it would be too wet but actually wasn't bad. Distance was never an issue but getting a flat lie was. Holy crap there is a ton of moguls. I thought it played a ton harder than the 123 slope rating. My lesson on Wednesday definitely helped my irons as I only had one fat one and it was on an odd lie. Will have to add an spi lesson as I had 42 putts but it was the first time out with the seemore.

No work next Monday...anyone looking to tee it up??

Central NJ, Eastern PA & Surrounding Area Chat

I'm playing Friday with my buddy will have room for 2 around 9 am. Dunno where yet but it'll be closer to me

I am playing Friday as well at Mercer Oaks East at 930am. Might have one or two spots open.

I am playing Friday as well at Mercer Oaks East at 930am. Might have one or two spots open.

do you like that course at all? hahaha

Haha ya think! Cannot beat either of their courses for the money

i'll make it down one day but coming off of nights that morning it isn't gonna happen.

Officially looking for 2 to join my brother in law and I at mercer Oaks East on Friday at 930

Officially looking for 2 to join my brother in law and I at mercer Oaks East on Friday at 930

How much is it to play for non-residents? What is pace of play there? I may work before and after.

Back