Central NJ, Eastern PA & Surrounding Area Chat

My first round of the year is going to be at Galloping Hill on Friday. 2 spots left at 1:40pm if you want to come see the carnage!

South jersey here, play at Rancocas Country Club in Willingboro predominantly cause it is so close, plus a nice track. Anybody else go there?

Haven’t played it in a while. RTJ course, nice layout. Need to get there again!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I usually play Cobbs (Olde), Paxon, or Springfield. I have played other courses in the area but they are the closest.

How is Cobbs, i drive past it once a month or so for work. Heard there may be some renovations coming to restore to original. That would be awesome!

So does someone want to put something together for a little outing for say 8 of us in the area? I'm down in Cumberland County, NJ but willing to drive anywhere to play. Let's start early with planning a round or two this year.

How is Town n Country? Theres a few by you that would be good.

How is Cobbs, i drive past it once a month or so for work. Heard there may be some renovations coming to restore to original. That would be awesome!

Cobbs olde course is usually in ok shape for being a public course. I play it after work on twilight rates but if playing on a weekend; I would rather go somewhere else. Fairways are tiny and narrow. Bunkers are either ok or mud puddles. Greens are average. Every year it seems to be improving though.

Renovations are to put the course back to it's original 18 hole course, make Karakung (18 hole currently) a 9 hole course, and then for tournaments combine the 18 and 9 hole. After the renovations, it should be a nice golf track.

Last edited:
My first round of the year is going to be at Galloping Hill on Friday. 2 spots left at 1:40pm if you want to come see the carnage!
Damn I have a conference at Rutgers on Friday and was hoping it would let out early, but you're going to be a good bit north east of that

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Damn I have a conference at Rutgers on Friday and was hoping it would let out early, but you're going to be a good bit north east of that

What time do you think that you'll be finished? I can cancel the Galloping Hill time and we can play Rutgers..plenty of PM tee times left (sunset 7:20pm).

What time do you think that you'll be finished? I can cancel the Galloping Hill time and we can play Rutgers..plenty of PM tee times left (sunset 7:20pm).
Ah damn just saw it's supposed to be 445.. usilly they're done at 2-3.. no idea if it'll let out early or not, I'll call and ask tomorrow though

White Oaks Country Club in Newfield (Gloucester County) is starting their leagues next week. Expanding to include a Tuesday Stableford 9-hole on Tuesday's and their customary 2-man 9-hole on Thursdays. This will be my second year in the league. They are also running a Masters Par 3 Tournament two-man teams on Friday the 12th @ 5.

Suneagles tomorrow at noon. Really looking forward to seeing if I can recognize any Tillinghast character and if it's in better shape than it has been in the past few years. The weather may not be perfect, but I'll take it versus sitting in southbound summer shore traffic.

Suneagles tomorrow at noon. Really looking forward to seeing if I can recognize any Tillinghast character and if it's in better shape than it has been in the past few years. The weather may not be perfect, but I'll take it versus sitting in southbound summer shore traffic.

It was in pretty good shape when I played there last summer, still plenty of room for improvement though under this new management. Hope they keep making the upgrades because it’s a great track.

It was in pretty good shape when I played there last summer, still plenty of room for improvement though under this new management. Hope they keep making the upgrades because it’s a great track.

I'll take pretty good shape with room for improvement from what I've heard about it over the past few years. That makes me happy if it gets restored to the Tillie design.

I'll take pretty good shape with room for improvement from what I've heard about it over the past few years. That makes me happy if it gets restored to the Tillie design.

I played there in the heart of the season last year, interested to see what kind of shape it’s in this early in a season

I played there in the heart of the season last year, interested to see what kind of shape it’s in this early in a season

I haven't found anything tragic so far this year. Galloping Hill (especially right of the green on #8 and most of the back nine) was pretty wet last weekend, Rutgers was good, but needs to grow in, and Preakness Valley was really good, but windy AF. I'll report back on Suneagles.

Played Cobbs Olde course. First round of the season. 92 which is around average for me so I'm not complaining.

Cobbs for round 2 of the year; 91. Had 2 bad holes or I could have broken into the 80s. Putting was better this round.

How is that course to play? Is it worth a trip down from Bucks County?

How is that course to play? Is it worth a trip down from Bucks County?

Depends on how far away the course is from you. The course is is better shape than past few years. I have played there when it was burnt fairways/greens. However if the drive is more than 45 min then there are better courses I would pick. I play it occasionally after work because it close to my dads house and pretty cheap.

This year I signed up for a 10 week league at Springfield CC starting in 2 weeks. Playing Paxon Hollow this weekend and Jeffersonville next week.

This year I signed up for a 10 week league at Springfield CC starting in 2 weeks. Playing Paxon Hollow this weekend and Jeffersonville next week.

1st week of the league. Started out good then went downhill. 51. Did not play well 4 thru 8.

So last year @ferndog was gracious to setup a group outing at his home course. However, I know a few THPers didn’t get to play, like myself (still kicking myself for not sucking it up with the rain) due to the poor weather.

I was wonder if anyone would like to try again at any course you all like?

Ravens Claw and Bella Vista are both nice courses in my area. Public so easy to setup tee times.

What do you think?

I'd for sure take the drive for a meetup

So last year @ferndog was gracious to setup a group outing at his home course. However, I know a few THPers didn’t get to play, like myself (still kicking myself for not sucking it up with the rain) due to the poor weather.

I was wonder if anyone would like to try again at any course you all like?

Ravens Claw and Bella Vista are both nice courses in my area. Public so easy to setup tee times.

What do you think?
That may have been somebody else for this one

Back