Central NJ, Eastern PA & Surrounding Area Chat

How much is it to play for non-residents? What is pace of play there? I may work before and after.

48 for non residents to walk. Pace of play during the week in the morning is normally right around 4 hours. Teeing off at 930,we'd be done by 2

Why is the thread closed?

Can't make it Friday? It would be quitting time by the time I got back.

Bump for Monday. Any takers? Looks like 70 and sunny.

not quite sure yet...trying to gauge interest and then decide on a spot

Let me know where you decide I might be up for a round depending on the distance I gotta travel.

Anyone interested in playing bright and early saturday morning? I just grabbed a 2-some for the first tee time of the day at 6am

Mercer Oaks East.

Anyone interested in playing bright and early saturday morning? I just grabbed a 2-some for the first tee time of the day at 6am

Mercer Oaks East.

Hey Joe, I might be able to get out Saturday morning. Do you have to pay for a cart on the weekends at Mercer Oaks?

Final bump for 2 openings tomorrow morning - going to drop the tee time down to two people at 6pm

Hey everybody. I'm playing Ballyowen for the first time tomorrow and was wondering if anyone has played and can share any tips or advice. I've also never played a links-style course. I just keep picturing St. Andrews and thinking that I'll be screwed if I miss the fairway.

I just played it Sunday. For the love of everything holy, keep it on the fairway. The rough is nasty. Also try to stay on the short side of the greens. There are a few forced carry par 3's, so make sure you have a reliable mid and long iron/club for those.

It's a lot more hilly than St. Andrews. But lots of blind shots and clubbing down just to keep it on fairways and greens is probably a good thing. Have fun. I really liked that course.

Taps away

Thank you! I think I'll be hitting the hybrid off the tee a lot, then. Is a 235-40 yd carry going to be okay most of the time (assuming it's straight)?

Thank you! I think I'll be hitting the hybrid off the tee a lot, then. Is a 235-40 yd carry going to be okay most of the time (assuming it's straight)?

Yeah that should work on most holes. Sone of the longer par 5's have elevated tees, so you get a lot of roll if hit into the fairway. So 240 probably turns into 255-260.

Just do me a favor and flip off 18 for me. 3 skins were on the line and that hole totally screwed me!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Anyone up for a round this week? I'm free Tuesday - Friday.

I'm probably free. Where you thinking?

Taps away

I'm really up for anywhere. I live in Cherry Hill now so PA or NJ works for me.

Ok cool. Wednesday through Friday works best for me. I may have a third. Was thinking Running Deer, Woodcrest, LuLu or Deerwood.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Great time out with lmh3(Mark) today! Looking forward to the Volvick ball review thread!

Last edited:
Back