Central NJ, Eastern PA & Surrounding Area Chat

Anyone familiar with courses in the Pocono Mountains? Have a trip upcoming in Sept. and options so far are Jack Frost, Split Rock, Hideaway Hills, Pinecrest Lake. We have not been there in a few years so the courses are a blur to me. Thoughts on these or other possibilities? We’ll likely just play a Friday and Saturday round. So need two good ones. everyone seems to like a Hideaway Hills.

Imaginos;n8878176 said:
Anyone familiar with courses in the Pocono Mountains? Have a trip upcoming in Sept. and options so far are Jack Frost, Split Rock, Hideaway Hills, Pinecrest Lake. We have not been there in a few years so the courses are a blur to me. Thoughts on these or other possibilities? We’ll likely just play a Friday and Saturday round. So need two good ones. everyone seems to like a Hideaway Hills.

I play in that area a few times each year. I played Blue Ridge Trail first time a few weeks ago and loved it. Great shape 27 holes and very reasonable. Jack Frost I'd recommend. Split Rock can be dicey so I don't rec it. Pocono Farms always nice. Skytop. Mt Airey I enjoy. The best in area is Woodloch Springs. It's a little different direction than most of others. But it's the best.

Played Jack Frost two years in a row. Loved it, but it was wet both times so wasn't able to enjoy the best of it. Mt. Airey was also nice. I'm looking to get back up there soon.

Yes, I do remember liking the JackFrost course. That Mt Airey looks interesting also. We’ll have a couple of once a year golfers in our groups, so need to keep that in mind. Also, Split Rock is in my mind as eating lots of golf balls. In any case, I like the recommendations for future reference!

Anyone local have a mobile launch monitor that could borrow this week? I’d compensate you obviously. I have a new driver and want to test out a couple of shafts but don’t want to pay for a driver fitting or anything like that at Club Champion, etc.

Anyone play Flanders? Playing blue to white tomorrow, any memorable holes or anything tricky?

I kinda thought there was move activity via Eastern PA golfers here on THP...But as I pull up this thread prior to the previous post the next one was over 2 years ago. So anyway. I did join GAP. For those of you who aren't members at a club and would like to have an Eclub membership. There are a couple associated with GAP. GAP is Golf Assoc Phila and is one of the most comprehensive Assoc for Golf in the world. One of the excellent advantages of having an Eclub in GAP is that they have Member Play Days. Many of these play days take place at great private clubs you may not have ability to get to otherwise. In 2021 they had events at Huntingdon Valley, Moselum Springs, Philly CC, Rolling Green, Lancaster etc....It's $60 for a membership and includes handicap and a couple magazine subscriptions. I'd highly recommend any golfer in the coverage of this thread to consider joining.

I kinda thought there was move activity via Eastern PA golfers here on THP...But as I pull up this thread prior to the previous post the next one was over 2 years ago. So anyway. I did join GAP. For those of you who aren't members at a club and would like to have an Eclub membership. There are a couple associated with GAP. GAP is Golf Assoc Phila and is one of the most comprehensive Assoc for Golf in the world. One of the excellent advantages of having an Eclub in GAP is that they have Member Play Days. Many of these play days take place at great private clubs you may not have ability to get to otherwise. In 2021 they had events at Huntingdon Valley, Moselum Springs, Philly CC, Rolling Green, Lancaster etc....It's $60 for a membership and includes handicap and a couple magazine subscriptions. I'd highly recommend any golfer in the coverage of this thread to consider joining.
Good looking out. With The Grint possibly phasing out, I just rejoined GAP and got my last 20 rounds entered into the handicap system. Hopefully I can take advantage of some GAP opportunities this year.

Posting season is here and I’m ready to rumble! I have some vouchers for $40 if anyone is interested in coming out and playing Iron Valley this year. The course is starting to turn green and I’m optimistic it will be in good shape!

1648666591258.jpeg

Posting season is here and I’m ready to rumble! I have some vouchers for $40 if anyone is interested in coming out and playing Iron Valley this year. The course is starting to turn green and I’m optimistic it will be in good shape!

View attachment 9077293
Looks nice. 2 hours from me now...Maybe

View attachment 9077293
Nice looking hole. I have to try and get out there this summer. Coming from my office in Reading wouldn't be too far

View attachment 9077293
that is a scary looking hole :eek:

that is a scary looking hole :eek:
That’s a view of #11 over #12 from the #13 tee box. I took the photo to illustrate how dumb I was for walking the course and as an excuse for my exhaustion and complaining :LOL: 11 is a fun short par 4 though!

1648668716465.jpeg

That’s a view of #11 over #12 from the #13 tee box. I took the photo to illustrate how dumb I was for walking the course and as an excuse for my exhaustion and complaining :LOL: 11 is a fun short par 4 though!

View attachment 9077298
yeah that does not look like a course i would want to walk... :ROFLMAO:

but looks AWESOME

My son and I.....My avatar....Played the Schuylkill CC better ball tournament a few years. About 7 to 9 years ago. Basically he covered 16 holes and was hoping when he 💩 the bed I would rise to occasion. We shot near par each time but there was always a 2some which would go pretty low.
We played father/son at Moselem Springs a few years ago also. Love that place.

Anyone here play in the Gap Member play days?

Signups for Bellewood open today I am going to sign up to play. Have never played there before.

Just checking in to see if anyone from our group has signed up to play GAP this year.

I am playing Bellewood on June 13th and wanted to see if anyone was also playing.

Just checking in to see if anyone from our group has signed up to play GAP this year.

I am playing Bellewood on June 13th and wanted to see if anyone was also playing.
Thanks for heads up...I've been slack with this. Believe I'm hopeful for White Manor, HVCC and maybe Moselum.

PA folks - hoping somebody can help me out here. I have a Jack Frost group golfer voucher for 4 at $39/person with cart that expires at the end of the month (June 30) and with other commitments and travel coming up, I don't think I'm going to be able to get out to use it. Anybody in here interested in taking it off my hands? I'd give you a further discount - $120 takes the whole thing. It's a great deal for a great course, my poor planning is your gain 🤣

PA folks - hoping somebody can help me out here. I have a Jack Frost group golfer voucher for 4 at $39/person with cart that expires at the end of the month (June 30) and with other commitments and travel coming up, I don't think I'm going to be able to get out to use it. Anybody in here interested in taking it off my hands? I'd give you a further discount - $120 takes the whole thing. It's a great deal for a great course, my poor planning is your gain
Any weekend restrictions?

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

Nope. Bear with me though - I actually might have found an opportunity to use it. If it falls through I'll hit you up though...

K it's definitely not going to work out for me. Let me know if you're interested!

Back