Chamber's Bay Golf Course

907golfer12

Makin a comeback!
Reaction score
Handicap
Has anyone ever played this course? I have talked to people here in Alaska who have played it, which is actually quite a few people because Washington is a frequent stop for Alaskans, and some say that it is great and completely worth the money, and others say the views make it worth the money, but the course is not that great.

I would just like people's opinions on the course if they have played it.

I would like to go play sometime in the next month or so, since I will be in the Washington/Oregon area.

Also if you think there is a course that is better worth my time post it. Price doesn't matter much since my mom and I will be going down for the weekend and are only going to play one or maybe 2 rounds.

Thanks in advance! :smile:

Has anyone ever played this course? I have talked to people here in Alaska who have played it, which is actually quite a few people because Washington is a frequent stop for Alaskans, and some say that it is great and completely worth the money, and others say the views make it worth the money, but the course is not that great.

I would just like people's opinions on the course if they have played it.

I would like to go play sometime in the next month or so, since I will be in the Washington/Oregon area.

Also if you think there is a course that is better worth my time post it. Price doesn't matter much since my mom and I will be going down for the weekend and are only going to play one or maybe 2 rounds.

Thanks in advance! :smile:

Haven't played it yet, but I walked the course as my pro played it for a tournament.

"Magnificent" is the only way to describe it. It's a "must play" for any serious golfer.

PICT0043.jpg

PICT0057.jpg

PICT0062.jpg

Hmmmm, doesn't look like an easy course . . .

Play it, 907, and give us a review. I hope to play it next summer.

Is that the course that is walking only?

Is that the course that is walking only?

Yes. But they have caddies and pull carts that are made to be pull across the greens without damaging the greens.

Yes. But they have caddies and pull carts that are made to be pull across the greens without damaging the greens.

I see. I would say I walk 4 out of the 5 times, just never when im on vacation. But im sure a caddy would make it a lot easier to enjoy the scenery.

It's ayoung course still. The greens need alot of time, probably more now that the USGA apparently is going to re-do them before the open. It's beautiful but for your money, head to the Home Course.

Thanks for the input Hammer.

I think if I get the chance I'm going to go play it in the summer since I'm going somewhere out of state pretty soon for 2 weeks, and then Maui at the end of December.

But I really want to play this as a practice round for my run at the US Open title in 2012 :banana:

I can dream right? Like I always say, dream big achieve big, dream small achieve small.

But I really want to play this as a practice round for my run at the US Open title in 2012 :banana:

You do that and you'd better remember all us hackers over here who were behind the scenes in your moment of glory!

Myself, I might be breaking 80 by then!

You do that and you'd better remember all us hackers over here who were behind the scenes in your moment of glory!

Myself, I might be breaking 80 by then!

I will remember, and keep up your quest to the 70's!

I will remember, and keep up your quest to the 70's!

The U.S. Amateur Open will be played there in 2010. 2015 is the professional U.S. Open--so maybe you can do both?

Back