jnordwell

Reaction score
Handicap
So name says it all. Anyone play Chambers Bay? Any tips this one is on the list and finally I have a few buddies who are on the same page let's go play there without the talk of it's expensive or my game isn't good enough.. so what can I expect? Other then just a fun time with buddies and making memories

I have played it before - It is a very fun golf course, a real test - but be prepared for quite a hike.

It is a LOOONG walk, and the terrain is not super forgiving.

I'm curious as well. It's on my list of courses to play this year for sure.

I played years ago, before they fixed the greens and before the US Open was there.
Fun and challenging course.
As @TRyan said, it's a hike.F2140E86-BB7E-41A1-B3CF-B30AFC1A0952.jpeg

It's a course I'd love to get out and play. Looks like it would be a ton of fun, but the walk as other are saying seems like it would be a bear.

I have played Chambers Bay several times and it is one of my favorite courses. There are beautiful views from every point on the golf course. I always like to look behind me at every tee box to see where the pros hit from during the US Open and stare in awe. Unfortunately, my last round I ended up in that dreaded bunker on the 18th hole...

Just played last Saturday. PLayed it several times, this was first without a caddie and previous round was 2 yrs ago.
It is a beast of a course with specific landing zones or your ball will run off elevated greens.
Greens have a lot of slope, fun but makes scoring challenging.

It is a beautiful piece of property, surrounded by public park and water and a railroad track. My favorite course.

I’ve played it 3 or 4 times, all pre-Covid.

It drained surprisingly poorly - we encountered standing water on greens a few times. Every hole has views of the bay. It is a hard walk.

One of my favorite courses I have ever played. It is long, a difficult walk and challenging. Played it before they redid the greens (think US Open there) and again each of the last couple years (think US Womens' Amateur) and it is not even close how much better it is now. Really tough test that can be attacked different ways.

I have played Chambers Bay several times and it is one of my favorite courses. There are beautiful views from every point on the golf course. I always like to look behind me at every tee box to see where the pros hit from during the US Open and stare in awe. Unfortunately, my last round I ended up in that dreaded bunker on the 18th hole...
The mine shaft....

Played it for the first time last Summer.

Bring a push cart and your WA IDs. Enjoy the scenery. Get there early and get the full experience. Beautiful course.

1000003866.jpg

Played it for the first time last Summer.

Bring a push cart and your WA IDs. Enjoy the scenery. Get there early and get the full experience. Beautiful course.

View attachment 9250143
two bald eagles were in that tree on Saturday. Was awesome sight

Great course and super hard and hilly. The US Open did not do this course justice.. The ruined it as a set up and it was just not a great set up for spectators. people falling down the hills all day long.

Back