Chamblee Comments on Golf Instructors

THP views toward Patrick Reed are understated as to my feelings toward Chumplee

He's completely correct.
Instructor's can be great to help you with one particular component of the game, like sand traps for example. I'd like to see more of them teach golf etiquette, and less wasting of time with senseless technology and stats.

I believe only about 10% of golf instructors are truly competent.

I just can't imagine paying what golf instructors charge to go through 2 or 3 to find the right one. I don't want to be taught their swing, I would want the to teach me feelings to overcome the rough parts of my swing. I have mostly gotten there on my own over the last 3 or 4 months, but it has been hard work. Sean Foley is one instructor I would never use on Tour. He has ruined a few golfers backs and a few golfers games.

Chamblee is a hack.
Totally agree he's a hack.. i think it's Koepka's coach that described him best.. as a tv character.. desperate to stand out from the crowd so he bloviates to seem as if he is so different from the rest. It's one thing to critique, but totally different to dump on others professions in such a disrespectful manner. He's no master instructor with receipts of any kind. Just a journeyman that now knows all that is best for everyone else..Gain some credibility by showing us what would work..Quit that cushy bloviating job and come and show us how it's really done!! Yeah.. i didn't think so.. in the meantime..stfu and stick to reminding us how stuck up and cheap you are!!

Totally agree he's a hack.. i think it's Koepka's coach that described him best.. as a tv character.. desperate to stand out from the crowd so he bloviates to seem as if he is so different from the rest. It's one thing to critique, but totally different to dump on others professions in such a disrespectful manner. He's no master instructor with receipts of any kind. Just a journeyman that now knows all that is best for everyone else..Gain some credibility by showing us what would work..Quit that cushy bloviating job and come and show us how it's really done!! Yeah.. i didn't think so.. in the meantime..stfu and stick to reminding us how stuck up and cheap you are!!
However, he does stand out from the rest. His commentary is very knowledge based and well studied, and he is willing to take on subjects in a way others won’t.

However, he does stand out from the rest. His commentary is very knowledge based and well studied, and he is willing to take on subjects in a way others won’t.
Think we'll have to disagree about his commentary being knowledge based.. To me he comes across as arrogant and very pompous.

Back