Champion Sprinter Banned

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Pretty crazy story. World's Fastest Man has been suspended for missing drug tests.

Christian Colman who won the World Championships last year and was the Olympic favorite now awaits to find out how long he is banned for and it could be as long as two years.

He wrote on twitter that drug testers were unable to find him while he was shopping at a mall for presents back in December. He says that that test was a purposeful attempt to get him to miss it. He said why didn't they try to call me.

AIU says a phone call is not a requirement.

It isn't the first time he has missed tests, as the US ADA.

Coleman has said he will take a test every day for the rest of his career to prove his innocence.

That seems crazy. Almost like a setup situation to me.

I'd like to believe him but track and the Olympics in general are just ripe with doping so hard to believe anything really

they really don't mess around with the "you have to be available" stuff

That does seem pretty crazy

That stinks. He’s electric on the track.

• Admin
I'd like to believe him but track and the Olympics in general are just ripe with doping so hard to believe anything really

Yeah and its really hard to figure this one all out. Basically you have to give an hourly rundown on availability because calling ahead would give a heads up on testing.

I don't know why the testers couldn't have sat at his house for the rest of the day

I don't know why the testers couldn't have sat at his house for the rest of the day
Donovan Bailey tells a story: he's about to board a flight from Miami to Brazil, and 2 officials pull him aside for a "random" piss test. So he decides to mess with them. "I can't go right now, so you're coming with me." They purchase 2 last-minute tickets, and 30 minutes into the 6 hour flight Bailey gets up and performs the test.

I know cheaters will find a way, but the availability this is madness. If you can't make a test you should just not be able to compete until you pass a limited series of tests shortly after or something. Cheaters will take advantage of that too, but FFS, people have to be able to live a life off the track/pitch/mat/field/etc.

That's pretty BS that they give you no heads up, you just have to be available. Oh hi, sorry, I'd like to go on living my life instead of having two dudes watch me piss into a cup :rolleyes:

Reactions: KEV
That's pretty BS that they give you no heads up, you just have to be available. Oh hi, sorry, I'd like to go on living my life instead of having two dudes watch me piss into a cup :rolleyes:

I guess the flip side is nobody is forced to be a sprinter. And had other sprinters not continued to lie, cheat and steal, it might not be necessary, right?

I guess the flip side is nobody is forced to be a sprinter. And had other sprinters not continued to lie, cheat and steal, it might not be necessary, right?

True, but this kinda stuff feels like a zoo animal attraction than an athlete. You can't call? You can't be like hey, we need to collect a sample from you, are you nearby? I'd be so quick to just show up at their house and be like hey here's your sample alright...

Not surprising that it is difficult to catch the world's fastest man.

True, but this kinda stuff feels like a zoo animal attraction than an athlete. You can't call? You can't be like hey, we need to collect a sample from you, are you nearby? I'd be so quick to just show up at their house and be like hey here's your sample alright...

Right. Now look at it from the dirty pisser POV. You call, they say "Nah, I will be ready in an hour though Im at vet with my sick cat". Some quick procedure done and voila, the piss of a 58 year old woman comes out of your johnson.

Isn't the.. shouldn't the goal be to make it as hard as possible for the cheater while NOT unduly burdening the innocent though? No one thinks it's a clean sport anyway. Banning everyone isn't going to change that.

Right. Now look at it from the dirty pisser POV. You call, they say "Nah, I will be ready in an hour though Im at vet with my sick cat". Some quick procedure done and voila, the piss of a 58 year old woman comes out of your johnson.

I'm not an expert at that kinda test, but I thought they had to legit watch you pee, get a full on view of you doing it. If you have to inject 58 year old woman pee into you to pass a test, like... god damn man. That's some hardcore cheating right there. Gonna be weird when you're loaded with estrogen and you also might have menopause.

I'm not an expert at that kinda test, but I thought they had to legit watch you pee, get a full on view of you doing it. If you have to inject 58 year old woman pee into you to pass a test, like... god damn man. That's some hardcore cheating right there. Gonna be weird when you're loaded with estrogen and you also might have menopause.

Man, the lengths people will go would blow your mind. I have seen first hand some of it, and back that far it wasn't nearly as sophisticated as what is happening now.

Man, the lengths people will go would blow your mind. I have seen first hand some of it, and back that far it wasn't nearly as sophisticated as what is happening now.

The best one I heard of honestly was the guy who made a rubber dick that had already clean sample in it. That is both brilliant and amazing all at once.

The best one I heard of honestly was the guy who made a rubber dick that had already clean sample in it. That is both brilliant and amazing all at once.

That is old school haha.

Think about the stuff Anthony Galea was doing. No, I am not saying everybody he treated was doing PEDs.
But think about the stuff he was doing for some athletes. The procedures and drugs he was providing, the amount of legal issues, etc.

High Tech world now and there isn't an athlete out there that would shock me. In fact I think a few of the major players in sports over the last few decades were definitely doing it and got away with it.

And that is just one doctor (well not doctor anymore).

That is old school haha.

Think about the stuff Anthony Galea was doing. No, I am not saying everybody he treated was doing PEDs.
But think about the stuff he was doing for some athletes. The procedures and drugs he was providing, the amount of legal issues, etc.

High Tech world now and there isn't an athlete out there that would shock me. In fact I think a few of the major players in sports over the last few decades were definitely doing it and got away with it.

And that is just one doctor (well not doctor anymore).

Cut one head off, three more show up. I mean if Armstrong could get away with it for nearly a decade..

That seems crazy. Almost like a setup situation to me.

Yeah, someone blacklisted him. He was set up. No doubt about it.

I mean, they "couldn't find him". Were they playing Where's Waldo and just looking in a crowd for him? What is the normal method of notification?

kinda ridiculous approach to testing.

We know now that he was not clean, but you should read some of the stuff Lance Armstrong went through during his hay day. People showing up at his house literally in the middle of the night with rubber gloves and cups.

Some of these sports are crazy.. But for the fame and fortune, its what you sign up for.

I once heard David Ortiz (Big Poppy) interviewed on the radio. He talked about his doorbell ringing at 7AM during the off season. Who was it? The pee test guys!

Back