amollerud

Reaction score
Handicap
+1.8
There has been a change in my bag and signature. I didn't even think to let anyone know until someone asked me about it today in the forum. It isn't that I had a falling out with or I was disappointed with Cleveland golf. They are at a point where the budget is tight and they are really putting a limit on staff agreements. As a result I am going to continue to play their wedges and the Srixon Z Star balls. I let them know that I was going to look to other companies for a deal. They were ok with that as long as I keep the wedges and balls.

For the time being I have been trying any and all clubs out there. Why not I have the tools do a pretty solid fitting on myself. Through trying just about anything that I can get my hands on I take them back for a launch moniter fitting. Through all of that I haven't found clubs to preform better than what I picked up. I went with the Ping S59 heads with Project X 6.0s in them. It is scary what happens when you dial in a club. I am hitting these irons 8-10 yards farther than my Arc Blades and I am not having any trouble working the ball either. I tried the S58s and just hit them too high. So for now they are in the bag. I don't know if Ping will pick me up or not.

I am also keeping the Nickent driver in the bag for now to dial in my shaft choice. I am gaming a new shaft in it that I am having a hard time beating. I put in a Diamana Red Board (Flower Band) in the 63 gram stiff tipped 1/2 inch. I am killing the ball with that shaft in there. This shaft in theory should be the opposite of what I need, but I gave it a try and the numbers and the results are awesome.

I have reshafted and dialed in my 3 wood. After trying 6 different shafts I went with the Fuji Vista Pro 90 gram in an X-flex and I couldn't be happier.

This has been a fun little time to try out and build a set to meet my numbers and to see the difference outdoors is amazing. I know that I preach getting fit...but I took it to the next level to optimize the shafts and it has been fun getting the bag to this point.

If and when I get a new deal done I will be sure to let you guys know what my bag goes to. For right now I don't know how much of a hurry I am in to get it done. I am having fun with the current makeup of the bag.

Interesting to see you went back to an older Iron and it worked better. Good luck finding a deal Andy. Hopefully you land with Ping, their clubs and especially irons are top notch!

I'm glad to hear that the new irons are working out so well! It's interesting that you are getting so much more yardage out of them. It sounds like you have your bag well in hand. :)

Sounds lik a winning combo!

Sounds lik a winning combo!

Andy -- It is good to know you get excited about new stuff just like the rest of us :D I am proud for you and enjoy those new puppies!!! Pound them Pings :bomb:

Go get'em Andy. Heck with a contract, it's only money, hehe. Get your game in line and you can create your own franchise! Good luck.

Back