Changing Driver Shafts Midseason?

Trmpt98

2024 Vokey / 2023 GOAT Cup / 2019 Bridgestone
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
I've noticed lately that my swing changes alot during the season. I think alot of it has to do with all the seasons we have here in Illinois. Starting out when it's cooler I have better luck with one shaft, but once we start getting into primetime weather here I have to move into the shaft I was fit into. Does anyone else run into this? I assume it's similar to using a softer compression ball when it's colder out also. Maybe I'm just over thinking things but the UST V2 Black worked great in the spring but now that I'm warm and swinging better and not as stiff I can hit the Project X HZRDUS Black better. Thoughts? Experiences? Am I just too much of a tinkerer?? lol

You mean, do you change shafts weekly right?
I do change to a stiffer shaft once I start grooving my swing and the courses get firmer.
Won't be long and I'm going to change to Left Dash ProV1X to really take advantage of the baked fairways.

Last edited:
I change several times a season. I just put a new one in this morning haha

Midseason? :unsure: Ha! I change it every round. I carry two shafts in the bag :ROFLMAO:

I have 3 drivers all with different shafts. If my swing is bad I take the one that is kinda beat up a bit. If it is good one of the others. Just depends on what I am doing. Of the two newer drivers, one goes much higher which I like when it is wet out and no run, the other is better for normal days and baked fairways.

Ha, well it's good to know I'm not alone! I have 4 shafts that'll I'll bounce between but use primarily the V2 Black when it's cooler (plus it's 1/2" shorter) and then switch to the HZRDUS when I'm in full rotation, warmth swing mode. I usually stick with the Bridgestone RX unless I'm playing an outing where then I go distance ball for drives and Bridgestone XS for other shots.

Not unusual for me to change drivers several times a season. And irons, hybrids, woods and putters. Even bags, have 3-4 old bags I use. Much easier to blame the arrow. Best part is a twelve month season.

I haven't switched my driver shaft since the 2019 Project X experience. That shaft really does feel perfect for me, and I still smile ear to ear when I see the graphics.

Back