Changing Grips using Air... not the normal question...

Yahash

Reaction score
Handicap
Ok so i have read - reread- reread on how to do this. One thing I cannot find is the right "adapter".

So i have an air compressor with several options, and was trying to see what to use to best do this (without buying an adapter).

I have come down to a couple of options, but before i go experimenting.... was wondering if anyone has "built" there own adapter, or what specific piece they use.

I am waiting on my rubber vise insert to show up before I get started.

THANKS!!!

Ok so i have read - reread- reread on how to do this. One thing I cannot find is the right "adapter".

So i have an air compressor with several options, and was trying to see what to use to best do this (without buying an adapter).

I have come down to a couple of options, but before i go experimenting.... was wondering if anyone has "built" there own adapter, or what specific piece they use.

THANKS!!!

I use the standard pin to blow balls
images

That little adapter for blowing up pool floaties works perfectly. It's a tiered cone shaped insert.

And this is where my confusion has been... both of those have been "options" along with the rubber adapter.

Has anyone built a custom adapter for doing it?

I may try the Ball adapter first, as the tiered one seems to stretch the grip whole, and I have Arccos adapters to put in.

And this is where my confusion has been... both of those have been "options" along with the rubber adapter.

Has anyone built a custom adapter for doing it?

I may try the Ball adapter first, as the tiered one seems to stretch the grip whole, and I have Arccos adapters to put in.

The cone does stretch the hole a bit but it returns to its normal size. I doubt you'll have any trouble with the Arccos adapters as their threads are pretty large, IIRC.

So the ball needle - no go... couldn't get a good seal and had air leaking.

The Cone - PERFECT! The adapters screwed in just fine and seem stable enough. If I run into an issue... i know how to bulk that up anyways with a little tape ;)

I used a cone adapter, with a slight modification. Took a Gatorade cap, reamed a hole through the center of it and stuck that on the adaptor. Gives you a firmish base to help with guiding the grip on and maintaining the seal. Butt of the grip matches pretty well for size, too.

THANKS!!!

take your standard tapered nozzle, and put a small metal washer or nut on it until about 1/8" is exposed to keep from pushing it in too far

use some sort of adhesive if you want

Interested too and appreciate the replies as I have a compressor and accessories on the way for the sole purpose of regripping.

I like the look of the Pure grips gun but would like to avoid the fairly steep price if a regular one works well enough. Simple mods here make perfect sense.

Interested too and appreciate the replies as I have a compressor and accessories on the way for the sole purpose of regripping.

I like the look of the Pure grips gun but would like to avoid the fairly steep price if a regular one works well enough. Simple mods here make perfect sense.

i have the "official" gun and i think it's not really necessary other than ease of use, you're really just paying for a plastic barrel attachment

The cone does stretch the hole a bit but it returns to its normal size. I doubt you'll have any trouble with the Arccos adapters as their threads are pretty large, IIRC.

I stopped air due to Arccos. Regardless of how careful I was, the holes always got a little stretched and the adapters were not as secure as with brand new grips applied the traditional way.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I stopped air due to Arccos. Regardless of how careful I was, the holes always got a little stretched and the adapters were not as secure as with brand new grips applied the traditional way.

I guess your nozzle is bigger than mine :alien:

I guess your nozzle is bigger than mine :alien:

I'll snap a pic of my nozzle. Do you want to see it?

You are Probably right. I never thought of that.

I'll snap a pic of my nozzle. Do you want to see it?

You are Probably right. I never thought of that.

Nah, I'm good :D
It's probably the same thing I'm using. I'm glad an actual arccos user posted up firsthand experience to correct my pure speculation. I can understand how it could be a bit annoying having one of those sensors be a bit wiggly and having to worry about it mid-swing.

So far with the very aggressive swings the sensors seem to be in solid still. When / how long before you noticed the security issues?

i have the "official" gun and i think it's not really necessary other than ease of use, you're really just paying for a plastic barrel attachment
The assorted reviews and posts I've read mirror your thoughts. "Easier" is what drew me to it in the first place but the overriding sentiment is that it's still easy to use a standard gun.
Sometimes things that are an assumed improvement are no more than a different take on very nearly the same thing.

But I will get it if "easier" ultimately sways me as it so often does, LOL...

Guess I'll soon see for myself. ?

So far with the very aggressive swings the sensors seem to be in solid still. When / how long before you noticed the security issues?

With the old ones it took all of 3-4 rounds when I blew my grips on. Then after changing grips using tape, I was able to get significantly more rounds on them. I have had no issue with losing sensors on my new clubs that I've had for 5 weeks.

With the old ones it took all of 3-4 rounds when I blew my grips on. Then after changing grips using tape, I was able to get significantly more rounds on them. I have had no issue with losing sensors on my new clubs that I've had for 5 weeks.

When you blew them on, did you still have excess tape on the ends or did you leave them clean?

That's too bad because I would hate to go back to solvents and tape. I use the GameGolf tags and haven't experienced missing or loose tags.

That's too bad because I would hate to go back to solvents and tape. I use the GameGolf tags and haven't experienced missing or loose tags.

The new ones are much better. The old style actually caught frequently on my dividers as I pulled the clubs in and out of the bag. The smaller profile on the Arccos 360 remediated the issue unless the hole is stretched out.

The new ones are much better. The old style actually caught frequently on my dividers as I pulled the clubs in and out of the bag. The smaller profile on the Arccos 360 remediated the issue unless the hole is stretched out.

Since I have midsize grips, the tags sit within the clubs, so I haven't had them get caught on anything.

If I run into issues (since mine are clean as well), I will try re-taping and have a wad at the end and just punch a hole through it for the air and see if that helps.

thank wubears71!

Back