Yes, I definitely do not change hybrids often. Both of my current ones have been in the bag (except for my Hogan VKTR testing) for three years +. They go the distance and trajectory I expect while the misses are predictable. I have for the most part stopped testing new ones since my distance gapping now is exactly where I want it.

I'm going to answer "almost never". I have new hybrids in the bag thanks to The Grandaddy, but I'm almost positive that I'd still be gaming my old D200s for the next handful of years if it wasn't for that Event.
My D200s are still in the bag.

Once I find one I like I will stick with it for a while. Going off memory my hyrid history has been

X2hotPro
Cobra Bio Cell
Callaway Apex 9I swapped out the Apex for a heavenwood for a bit, but it made its way back. )
Callway Big Bertha

so I guess every couple of years?

once a year

The hybrid is one of the least changed clubs in the bag. Obviously this topic is for those that play them, because if you don't you can't change them : )
How often do you change out your hybrid(s)?

Interesting question. I thought I was the only one. Where did you find the statistic?

I have been struggling to change the only hybrid in my bag for over 2 years. I just can't do it!

Taylormade M1 3H and Apex 4H. It’s my first hybrids I gamed and I been browsing to replace them with old and current lines but I don’t see any noticeable benefits. Until I find something noticeably better than what I have these are staying in the bag.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have the M2 3H and Apex (the elder) 4H. I have thought about replacing the M2 several times but I don't hit very often and I've spent enough on golf equipment that I don't use very much. The Apex has been good to me since I bought it used last year. It replaced a Cleveland that I had for a lot of years. When I did my fitting earlier this month, I hit the newer iteration of the Apex but didn't see any appreciably better performance.

So, to answer JB's question, not often.

Finding the right hybrid has been so difficult that when I do find the right one, I can see it staying in my bag for quite awhile.

I was loyal to my Nickent 4DX IronWood (Circa 2008?) until just recently. So far I'm enjoying my new Maltby hybrids, but I'd have no problem switching back to Old Reliable.

Changing Hybrids

So far the answer is about twice over the last 5-6 years. My 815 Alpha has been in the bag I believe for the last 3 or so years, and I don’t have any plans to replace it anytime soon.

3- i've changed my bag setup and this club gaps too closely to something new, and i have to re-think that slot.

Adjustable hybrid FTW. For me, I have a couple shaft lengths for mine and can play it at those different lengths for different purposes. I’m so comfortable with my hybrid that it would be really hard for me to have that same trust in another one.

I use my hybrid a lot like a lob wedge. What I mean is I hardly ever need it as a full swing club. I use it for punching and for hitting long runners. Given that I just don't need all the bells and whistles of performance from it. Also unlike a wedge it's face isn't wearing out a little every time I hit it either. It would just be a big adjustment period for negligible performance gains for me.

I think I'm on my 3rd year with XR16 3h. I know exactly what I'm gonna get out of it if I put a good swing on it. . Hogan 4h was a gift from Mclovin and it's been in the bag just over a year. Same thing, good swing and it's 185-190 with a little drift to the right.

I know the question is specifically about hybrids, but for me that spot is also applicable to utility irons. I swapped my Cobra hybrid after 2+ years for a utility and as long as gapping works can’t see it being replaced.

That’s all it boils down to imo...ease of play but hitting your gap. Unless you change irons and gaps change it doesn’t make as much sense to change hybrids.

I have always been a bit of a " if it ain't broke, don't fix it" type of bloke.

My last hybrid was a Ping i25 3* that I have had in the bag for about 4 years and it did what I needed it to do. I have only recently changed it out as there was too big gap between it and my new 3 wood.

My new G410's fit my distances better.

I'm a 4 year type of person based on my 4 years with my first hybrid. Only just got my second hybrid (titleist 818) to replace a cobra amp hybrid.

Cobra amp was going left too much so the titleist in C1 (highest fade setting) keeps things much straighter. Distance flight and workability are looking pretty good so far and really important for my game.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

For me, FWs and hybrids are the toughest clubs to find a good match on. With FWs I went through a lot of iterations looking for something that worked as well as the original Steelheads, and for years only one hybrid lasted beyond the trial period, so I was a 7w/4i guy. Then Cally came out with the XHot Pros in 2013 and they've yet to leave my bag.

That said, the itch to tweak is beginning, whether it's making a change or just reshafting what I have. More than anything, after 6 years I think my swing has evolved (maybe devolved) as much as gear has and it's time to at least get a benchmark.

Some of the reviewers of the new Ping stuff are to blame. Last time around, I really liked their hybrids for accuracy, but they lost out to the Callaways on distance and green holding. Seems that the 410s may have remedied some of that.

Stuck with one for 2 years and have yet to find a replacement for it . Hybrid are one club for me if it’s working well no need to change often

I searched for the Holy Grail of hybrids (one I could hit consistently) for years and have had almost every brand in the bag for periods of time. I've finally given up on that, although I do have a Callaway Steelhead #3 in the bag. It is rarely used, and then, only when there is no other logical choice.

I got fitted for all new clubs just over 2 years ago, when I first started "taking golf seriously" so to speak. Since then, I'm on my second driver, third 3-wood, second set of irons, third or fourth set of wedges, and I've toyed with somewhere between 5 and 10 putters.

Still have the TM M2 3 and 4 hybrids that I was fitted with back then.

A few months back I was about to replace them, because they and I stopped getting along. But out of nowhere, they become arguably my best clubs again. They're certainly safe in the bag for now.

I was a 1 hybrid guy until a couple weeks ago and now I play two but I've only replaced one. Last season I replaced an Adams V3 (at least 5 years old and probably older) with a CLK. That was so successful I added a 2 hybrid this year but it replaced my 3 wood. I should be good for at least another 5 year run.

Sent from my BLA-A09 using Tapatalk

Mine has been in my bag since I first got a hybrid in 2011. That will change in December, but I've never even really given any serious thought to switching up to this point. I hit it really well consistently, it fills a gap nicely, and it has a really small profile (for a hybrid) that I like.

I’ve never changed them, but then again I only got them last year.

I’m looking at something a little lower lofted since I got a new iron set this past winter though.

About as frequently as a fairway wood change. Maybe one a year if I’m playing them.

I’ll change driver sometimes as often as yearly, irons about every two years but rarely change hybrids. As a result of #TheGrandaddy I switched to the ‘19 Apex but did not get along with it. Anything but a perfect swing had everything going right. Went back to my X-Hot 4h of almost 6 years in the bag and have been a happy camper.

In a hybrid I’m looking for the club that is a ‘tweener. That is it is something that fits between my longest iron (5i) and FW that can be hit with more confidence and consistency than a FW and is useful for tee shots on short par 4s and layups on par 5s.

Used to be pretty darned often. I never before started and ended a season with the same hybrids.

But I've been playing the Tour Edge EX9 hybrids for 1.5 yrs now and love them as much now as I did day #1.

Back