Changing Your Stock Shot/Ball Flight

Any noticeable change to your trajectories?

Hard to really say. If anything it’s higher. When I did swing well I had what I thought was high launch. Trackman showed me last December that it could be better.

Yesterday it felt like I was hitting moon shot after moon shot. The range rocks were dropping at the 150 post with this high ball flight With real golf balls my 8i is 155 average on Arccos

Hard to really say. If anything it’s higher. When I did swing well I had what I thought was high launch. Trackman showed me last December that it could be better.

Yesterday it felt like I was hitting moon shot after moon shot. The range rocks were dropping at the 150 post with this high ball flight With real golf balls my 8i is 155 average on Arccos
Interesting. That would have been my guess. I have a really hard time keeping my irons down with larger grips. I look disturbingly Bryson-esque as I pull through impact and they just climb and climb. It's fascinating to me. Thanks for the reply. I'll be keeping my eye out for any posts of yours that mention how it's going for you.

Interesting. That would have been my guess. I have a really hard time keeping my irons down with larger grips. I look disturbingly Bryson-esque as I pull through impact and they just climb and climb. It's fascinating to me. Thanks for the reply. I'll be keeping my eye out for any posts of yours that mention how it's going for you.
I am playing 18 early tomorrow. I’ll be sure keep updating how this change goes.

I use mid size grips, I thought of even going to jumbo myself. Hooks/ over draws are no fun. Bigger grips also just feel more comfortable to me.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

More fade than draw. Pretty much same swing, but just can't hit down and compress the ball as much as I used to for the stock draw shape. Fades are coming easier, and that's fine. Easier to talk to.

In your range sessions try some simple things like moving the ball back and forth in your stance one inch at a time and see how that affects ball flight. Then try some things like weakening and strengthening your grip (moving the left hand position around not changing grip pressure). I generally think the difference between a draw and a pull hook is just ball position creeping too far toward the left foot and the release starting before impact. Trying these things may help you understand how to avoid that and even where to put the ball and how to grip the club for a fade if you want it without making wholesale swing changes.
Great tips! I think these will go a long way toward helping me to identify the setup needed for a neutral flight as well as the draw or fade.

Began changing my swing a week ago when I jumped on Trackman and my path was more than +5. So instructor and I focused on the symmetry between back and downswing. He put a water bottle down and then put a ball behind and to side of bottle. To avoid bottle, I had to hit a hard cut. Started hitting up to -2 again. We are exagerating the cut, with the objective for a slight draw but a path of not more than +2. Was on the range 5X this week, hitting that dang water bottle at the end of the range. Finally, things got better. Another week or two, and I may be able to get to the course. But with 100+ temps and high humidity, not much course time right now.
Any chance you have pics of the setup?

Back