Charitable giving ideas?

Girardcorp

Reaction score
Handicap
So the company i work for is heavily involved in Alex's Lemonade Stand, which is a charity that funds research into pediatric cancer. At our agency we're in a competition right now against our coworkers on ways to generate money for the charity, but we've only come up with a few basic ideas. The idea is to do more than just 'give money'. We're trying to do things like extra change etc... There has been talk of putting together gift baskets, and i probably would want to do something golf related. Anybody have experience with this that can provide some pointers on good ways to get people involved and also raise money?

golf tournament??? charge money for mulligans, putter string etc... Raffle a driver off

golf tournament??? charge money for mulligans, putter string etc... Raffle a driver off
We have a shorter time frame then that, so as much as i'd love to do a golf tournament (we've discussed this considering we have about 90 reps and they all have A+ clients etc...) it's a little more than we're trying to do at this point, so we're trying to aim lower..

Ideas:

* Host an evening at a local restaurant who will agree to give x% of the profits or sales to you and your cause. You market the evening, the restaurant gets an increase in business that evening (pick a slow night), you get x% of the profit that evening for your cause.
* Do something similar at a bar or brewery
* Ask a local band or bands to perform, invite food trucks, have food trucks agree to donate x% of sales to the cause (maybe not enough time for this)

We do a penny jar competition where I work. Each group gets a jar. Penny's are good, silver is bad. Every penny is +1 and silver you subtract whatever the value of the coin. We do a pizza party for the winning group or everyone if you wanted. The fun is watching different groups come around and put silver in the other jars.

Back