Charity Auction - Private Course- How much would you bid?

#troy

Jax, FL
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
There is a charity auction going on in NE Florida and a once in a lifetime course has a round for 3 players (have to play with a member) up for bid in a silent auction.

The course was just completely renovated in 2019. Very private, down the road from the very public but costly TPC Sawgrass.

So the question is, how much is a round to a mostly inaccessible course that you want to play?
TPC going rate is around $600+caddy+tax+etc, but you can play it any day you want.

I think there is value in the exclusivity that gets it in that ball park.

600 + extras ea? Wow.

What ever you can reasonable afford.

There is a charity auction going on in NE Florida and a once in a lifetime course has a round for 3 players (have to play with a member) up for bid in a silent auction.

The course was just completely renovated in 2019. Very private, down the road from the very public but costly TPC Sawgrass.

So the question is, how much is a round to a mostly inaccessible course that you want to play?
TPC going rate is around $600+caddy+tax+etc, but you can play it any day you want.

If it’s one you really want, you decide that cost. Sawgrass CC?

If it’s one you really want, you decide that cost. Sawgrass CC?
Pablo Creek. One of only a few you literally cant get on.

I've spent a fair bit of time in DUUVVAAAALLLLL and never even heard of it. Got a website?

As far as cost, if you really want to play it, pony up & empty the saddle bags. I'd save enough to make the mortgage payment this month but outside that, it's an open check book.

I'd want written contracts from the other 2 guys, so you don't have to get stuck with the total cost :). I have found at charity auctions that I can't keep up with the big boys on items such as this, so I'd set a limit and stick to it and then lose out.

If it is truly once in a lifetime, I think you make it happen within reason of what you can afford.

I think it also depends on what the charity is that this benefits. I spent obscenely (for the quality of the courses) at a charity auction in late 2019 because it benefited children with special needs like my nephew and a program that he is in. Then covid only let me only partially use the golf. oh well. Probably helps that it was an open bar too and they played a tear jerking video of some of the kids and their parents talking about how this really helps them.

I could never justify spending that kind of money to play a round of golf, except maybe Augusta haha

I've spent a fair bit of time in DUUVVAAAALLLLL and never even heard of it. Got a website?

As far as cost, if you really want to play it, pony up & empty the saddle bags. I'd save enough to make the mortgage payment this month but outside that, it's an open check book.
Does not look like they have an official website, it is off JTB and San Pablo just before the intracoastal on the way to the beach. #15 on this list, but some of these are accessible.

1620913203809.png

Yeah bid on it! I'll be one of your three. :D

the auction is live for a few more days since it is virtual, the bid is not out of this world right now, this is why I am pondering. What's the ceiling, to me its a pretty valuable round of golf.

the auction is live for a few more days since it is virtual, the bid is not out of this world right now, this is why I am pondering. What's the ceiling, to me its a pretty valuable round of golf.
If you win, I'll throw in a $20 to grab a spot.

Seems to me that a 3-some at a highly exclusive, excellent (but not top-100 ranked) golf course should be in the $1,000 range. I think $335/person (as long as you can get buy in from others, and have the money to spend) isn't too bad for an incredible experience.

Seems to me that a 3-some at a highly exclusive, excellent (but not top-100 ranked) golf course should be in the $1,000 range. I think $335/person (as long as you can get buy in from others, and have the money to spend) isn't too bad for an incredible experience.

My thought as well. Keep it under 350 a person and that’s not awful in the scheme of things.

Kinda puts THP events into perspective though 😳

So where is this link to the charity auction?

Back when I was a working stiff, I'd probably bid somewhere in the $700-$800 range. Maybe a $1000. It would depend on the charity involved. I'd probably charge it to my business.

These days, $400-$500 I could easily get a way with. Like I said, it would depend on rhe charity, and who was running it.

Back