Charl Schwartzel joins PXG

bjosh

Reaction score
Handicap
Bob Parsons announced on Twitter early this morning. Charl will begin playing PXG equipment this week at The Open.

thats weird to make a change middle of the season. Most of the time these guys will change in like January. Wonder if its a 14 club deal or maybe just irons?

Odd move now. Maybe he found an answer though....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Before a major. Odd timing.

surprised by the change

Definitely odd timing on the move.

I don't see this as a big signing. Sure he's a Masters Champion, but it's not like he's moving the needle.

I would buy pxg if it gave me that swing ?

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Dumping his inferior equipment.

Odd move during a major week, hopefully his results are better then Phil's move to Callaway during a Ryder Cup

what's that old saying, "money talks",...but seriously I hope this is a good move for him. I like his game and would like to see him contend more, although i suspect contention his lack of contention is between the ears and not his gear.

Hope it works out for him.

Maybe Parsons is going to start making a push outside the U.S. & sees this as a good opportunity.

I don't see this as a big signing. Sure he's a Masters Champion, but it's not like he's moving the needle.

who would that NOT apply to of anybody they have signed? maybe zach johnson, but i don't consider him to be electrifying. their entire stable is like a used car lot of nissan sentras.

Interesting especially before a major.

I'm sure he has been going through months of fittings and playing the clubs on off days to have the clubs tweaked to his swing and game. It's not like he walked into a golf shop and pulled them off the rack.

Having him switch before a major is good marketing.

Some pretty good golfers on this list, and now adding another former major winner that has won recently and is having a good year...good signing for sure.

Here's the complete list of #PXGTroops (yup, there's an official hashtag) joining Ryan Moore, Rocco Mediate, Beatriz Recari, and Sadena Parks:

• Zach Johnson, 12x PGA TOUR Winner
  • Billy Horschel, 3x PGA TOUR Winner
  • Chris Kirk, 4x PGA TOUR Winner
  • James Hahn, PGA TOUR Winner
  • Charles Howell III, 2x PGA TOUR Winner
  • Cristie Kerr, 18 Career Wins
  • Alison Lee, Rookie Year Solheim Cup Champion
  • Gerina Pillar, 22 Career Top 10 Finishes

I'm sure he has been going through months of fittings and playing the clubs on off days to have the clubs tweaked to his swing and game. It's not like he walked into a golf shop and pulled them off the rack.

Having him switch before a major is good marketing.

Assuming he plays well.
If he misses the cut, I think its the opposite for immediate news.

Some pretty good golfers on this list, and now adding another former major winner that has won recently and is having a good year...good signing for sure.

Here's the complete list of #PXGTroops (yup, there's an official hashtag) joining Ryan Moore, Rocco Mediate, Beatriz Recari, and Sadena Parks:

Howell is very technical...for him to move from Mizuno says a lot! ...Charl is out to win with the best stix IMO

Assuming he plays well.
If he misses the cut, I think its the opposite for immediate news.

He hasn't been tearing it up, that I know of, with whatever he plays now. I'm sure he knows what he's doing.

He hasn't been tearing it up, that I know of, with whatever he plays now. I'm sure he knows what he's doing.

I wasnt speaking of his choice. I was speaking of the post that it was "Good Marketing".

Hope this works out for him, I am sure he has been practicing with the PXG equipment, I hope.....
Odd timing.

I wasnt speaking of his choice. I was speaking of the post that it was "Good Marketing".

No worries man. I haven't read the entire thread some seemed to question his decision. The players that have switched to these clubs seem to be having decent years.

I'm not surprised that he left Nike for PXG, but the timing sure is odd!

I think some people are muddling the feeling about the brand with the players they sign, sure PXG is expensive, that's the way they wanted, an ultra premium brand. Is that to say the equipment isn't innovative or of high quality that helps even the tour players to better their game? I don't have before and after equipment change statistics to back up if the change is better or worse for the players, regardless these are major champions and multiple tour winners, to change a set of equipment regardless of time frame is a big change, I hardly think it'd be money alone that would warrant such change, any self respecting golfer would rather play better than simply do it for the money.

I find it laughable that some would think something they wouldn't consider for themselves isn't worthy of consideration and translate such feelings towards those who do make the change, even if they are Professional golfers.

Back