Cheap Bargain Golf Stuff

deepred

Reaction score
Like many I’m on a fixed income these days so I’m always interested saving a buck. So let’s see what others find.

Here’s an example.
Walking through the local Target I saw a dozen of last years ProV1x, in yellow. No plastic box around them so I checked with my app, didn’t appear. Took them to the self checkout and they didn’t come up there either. I explained they were last years model to the girl working there who rang them up as refurbished. $29!

Sweet!

Like many I’m on a fixed income these days so I’m always interested saving a buck. So let’s see what others find.

Here’s an example.
Walking through the local Target I saw a dozen of last years ProV1x, in yellow. No plastic box around them so I checked with my app, didn’t appear. Took them to the self checkout and they didn’t come up there either. I explained they were last years model to the girl working there who rang them up as refurbished. $29!

Where do you live? You can get just like new pro-v1 and pro-v1x for $1 per ball. That's how I get my golf balls. PM me if you're interested.

I'm always up for a bargain!

Callaway pre-owned clubs, 2nd swing, Wal-mart (balls), Amazon (used clubs) and Hackers Paradise on this site. And Good Will for some unbelievable finds on occasion ...

Good golfing ...

I haunt the Goodwill's all around to find some clubs to resell. Some clubs I've kept for myself of course. Recently, I found a brand new boxed dozen Pro V1's for $6.95.

That’s awesome

A couple years ago Target was selling NXT Tour balls for $8.95
Also Callaway gloves for $4.95

Anyone wear the Hogan clothes from Wally World? They look like good stuff.

For the price it's actually decent. I like the shorts a little more than the shirts. It's been a couple of years since I checked them out. I'll have to take a peek next time I'm there.

Also, while you're there check the golf ball section. They've been selling last year's Srixon Z-Stars for 24.99 a doz. (y)

That’s a dang good price.
Macy’s Backstage has some real bargains, bought two Nicklaus shirts for 14.99 each, wife had a $10 coupon so the were basically $10 each. They have Nicklaus flask sets cheap too.

I have some of the Hogan shirts and shorts. The inseam on the shorts is a little too short on me (I'm 6'6") and the shirts are cut a little wider/looser than I prefer, but the quality of their stuff isn't bad. If they fit you well, it's hard to beat the price.

...Also, while you're there check the golf ball section. They've been selling last year's Srixon Z-Stars for 24.99 a doz. (y)
I was in there yesterday and they had e12 Contacts for $24.99 - they're $29.99 everywhere else.

Where do you live? You can get just like new pro-v1 and pro-v1x for $1 per ball. That's how I get my golf balls. PM me if you're interested.

I thought you mentioned in the earlier post that you only got those for you to play with since you lost so many?

I thought you mentioned in the earlier post that you only got those for you to play with since you lost so many?

Yes, I purchase them for myself. However, if anyone is interested, just PM me and I will send you the person's contact and you can deal directly with him. I do not sell golf balls :(. I am just another buyer.

Target Stores usually has year end clearance on all their sporting equipment.

The two best putters I ever purchased came out of used club bargain bins. One at a golf shop, and the last one from the local ST. Judes Ranch store.

My brother found a Titelist 906-F2 3 wood for $10 in the used bin at Golf Mart. He games it over several more expensive clubs. The stupid thing will rip a dead-straight 200 yard bullet at will.

I have a pair of shorts. No issues with them.

That’s two positive reviews on the shorts, since the two closest Haggar outlets closed, that’s good info. Thanks

Dick’s returns get you a $10 coupon if used in the next 90 minutes. Good for a couple dozen Maxfli Tour balls at $20 each for the old model, $25 for the new.

great stuff, unbeatable prices

Perry Ellis licenses the Hogan name (along with PGATour, Nicklaus, Callaway, Original Penguin, and others)

Good info, I didn’t know Perry Ellis was behind the Hogan brand.

Found out a local course has a Wednesday night league start at 3:15.
Teed off right in front of them for $43 with cart had the whole course to myself.

I've found a few good deals on shopgoodwill.com, it's like evil bay but not as sketchy.

Tuesday on my way to the driving range I stopped by the local Good Will for a quick perusal of the golf club bin. In it I found an Odyssey Tri Force 2 putter 35" covered in rust on the head of the club with the shaft and grip in very good shape. Bought it for 2.99. Took it home and soaked it overnight in white vinegar. Rust is all gone. Looks great and feels great. Will use it as soon as the heat subsides in my neck of the woods.

Good Golfing ...

Last edited:
I have 4 pairs of the shorts and like them a lot. Never tried the shirts though.

Picked up a Titleist Vokey Staff/Demo bag, a set of Mizuno MP 32's, Hogan Apex II's, a pair of hand made brass putters, a Titleist 690MB 2 iron, and a couple other single clubs for a little over $100 this weekend. Both iron sets are 3-PW but the MP's have extra stiff shafts in them.

Back