Checking in from Oklahoma

Obiareus

Reaction score
Just started playing again. The first time wasn't really golfing, it was drinking on a golf course :). Now i am more into the actual golfing and not the drinking so i am starting over from the beginning with FUNDAMENTALS. If anyone has any tips on getting starting off again i would appreciate any advice that is given. Looks like a great community and look forward to getting to know some of you and who knows maybe we can play a round once i get to travel to more courses.

Welcome to THP!

Welcome to THP. I hope you enjoy the forum.

Welcome to THP! There’s a bunch of folks here with tons of knowledge about the game and there’s a swing tips section if you have any specific questions.

Welcome to THP.
1st tip, just enjoy it and have FUN

Welcome to THP! You'll find plenty of great people around here!

Welcome to THP.
1st tip, just enjoy it and have FUN
Went and played 18 with some friends this last weekend. It was so much fun, honestly i didn't think it would be as much fun as it was, but i haven't had that much fun (outside the bedroom:ROFLMAO:) in my entire life i don't think. It was fantastic and i got the bug.

Welcome, I went to HS in Altus

Welcome to THP!

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Welcome to THP! I know where you're coming from - for many years golf was just an excuse to get out with the boys, have some drinks and smoke some cigars, and the golf itself was secondary. Now I still enjoy the camaraderie, drinks and cigars, but the golf actually matters too.

:welcome:

Welcome to THP!

Welcome!

Welcome from a fellow okie.

You're definitely a little ways out, but still doable if we find somewhere to meet in between. There are several of us in the OKC area and other spread around the state. Some of us are very welcoming and willing to play with anyone.

Last edited:

Oh man, which course do you recommend up there? I hear good things about The Golf Club of Edmund, but Oak Tree Country Club looks awesome too.

I have never played The Golf Club of Edmond. I've been meaning to get out there with @aggiesam1983 but haven't made it yet.

I hope your pockets are deep if you want to go for Oak Tree. I've contemplated getting a membership, but I'm not willing to put out the initiation for there or The National.

I've played quite a few around here, but mostly just the public courses.

Welcome to THP!

Welcome to THP!!

My wife graduated from Altus in 2001, i went to Duke and graduated in 2000. small world i see.

Welcome, if you graduated from Duke in 2000 and played sports we might have played each other! I played for Erick-Sweetwater.

Back