Checkpoint Swing Laser

Brimstone

Mitch Cumstein
Reaction score
Has anyone used the Checkpoint Swing Laser or something similar? One of my salesmen said that he had used it and he had rave reviews. I was thinking of picking one up for my teenage son to work on his swing during these cold winter months, but I am not sold on it yet.

Attachments

• laser.jpg
    laser.jpg
    48.7 KB · Views: 6
well not much feedback here but hopefully this starts it!

I got mine in about 2 weeks ago. Takeaway for me is generally pretty good but sometimes I come over the top on the downswing. With my winter swing ive been pretty brutal so far with over the top and having a closed face at impact resulting in huge pull draws. Out of about 14 days with this, ive practice 9 days so far. My first time on the range after practicing with this I was dead straight time and time again with my irons. Occasional thin shot which is a different issue but my ball flight was very impressive

The biggest thing is making sure to go slow to ingrain the muscle memory feel. If you think you're going slow.... go slower. This is not a drill you just want to go rush through

This device alone won't be the cure all swing trainer but to me it greatly helps with path. Another thing this helps me with is focusing to swing through the ball and continue my club face along that path instead of cutting across the ball.

My first 3 rounds of the year prior to practicing with this were 76, 93, 88 (last 2 rounds were absolutely awful)... After practicing with this ive had very solid range sessions and shot a 75 and 80. The 80 was actually a better ball striking round but the putter let me down

The directions encourage you to take 10 slow practice swings with the laser, remove the laser, then hit 5 balls as normal. I dont see how thats possible. The path line you swing along is probably 10ft long and doesn't seem possible you can bring that to the range without disturbing other people. Maybe if you get the absolute last spot on the range

Are there better swing trainers out there?? probably yea. Tour striker planemate is probably a more effective trainer at getting direct feedback since it forces you to also rotate your body with the hands and develop rhythm. With the Eyeline laser you could easily just trace the line moving your arms and not engaging your lower body. But for the simplicity of strapping a laser on my own golf club to use indoors at home I think its worth every penny. Like most swing trainers its probably overpriced. But for a one time investment im very satisfied with it and will continue to use it

well not much feedback here but hopefully this starts it!

I got mine in about 2 weeks ago. Takeaway for me is generally pretty good but sometimes I come over the top on the downswing. With my winter swing ive been pretty brutal so far with over the top and having a closed face at impact resulting in huge pull draws. Out of about 14 days with this, ive practice 9 days so far. My first time on the range after practicing with this I was dead straight time and time again with my irons. Occasional thin shot which is a different issue but my ball flight was very impressive

The biggest thing is making sure to go slow to ingrain the muscle memory feel. If you think you're going slow.... go slower. This is not a drill you just want to go rush through

This device alone won't be the cure all swing trainer but to me it greatly helps with path. Another thing this helps me with is focusing to swing through the ball and continue my club face along that path instead of cutting across the ball.

My first 3 rounds of the year prior to practicing with this were 76, 93, 88 (last 2 rounds were absolutely awful)... After practicing with this ive had very solid range sessions and shot a 75 and 80. The 80 was actually a better ball striking round but the putter let me down

The directions encourage you to take 10 slow practice swings with the laser, remove the laser, then hit 5 balls as normal. I dont see how thats possible. The path line you swing along is probably 10ft long and doesn't seem possible you can bring that to the range without disturbing other people. Maybe if you get the absolute last spot on the range

Are there better swing trainers out there?? probably yea. Tour striker planemate is probably a more effective trainer at getting direct feedback since it forces you to also rotate your body with the hands and develop rhythm. With the Eyeline laser you could easily just trace the line moving your arms and not engaging your lower body. But for the simplicity of strapping a laser on my own golf club to use indoors at home I think its worth every penny. Like most swing trainers its probably overpriced. But for a one time investment im very satisfied with it and will continue to use it
That's great feedback! Super thorough. Also makes me glad I ordered the PlaneMate.

That's great feedback! Super thorough. Also makes me glad I ordered the PlaneMate.
Planemate is great. I haven't devoted enough time as I had hoped but it was very effective for me last year warming up with pitch shots. Saw a big difference in my short game

it might be overkill but I bet practicing with the eyeliner laser on the club along with the planemate on should be pretty effective!

Planemate is great. I haven't devoted enough time as I had hoped but it was very effective for me last year warming up with pitch shots. Saw a big difference in my short game

it might be overkill but I bet practicing with the eyeliner laser on the club along with the planemate on should be pretty effective!
I’m about to start protocols but that’s a good idea. Hmmm

Back