Cobra

93civiccpe

Albatross 2021 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Chess is such a great game and years ago me and some friends would play a lot. Its been years. Speed Chess is very cool. A great movie which has some speed chess scenes in NYC is "Searching for Bobby Fisher".
I really enjoyed that movie when it first came out and haven't seen it in a long time!

Buckeyegolfnut

Reaction score
Handicap
About a 14
I used to love to play chess. I was in the university chess club, although I couldn't tell the Queen's Gambit from the Queen's Overbite! Nobody I know plays. Maybe I'll have to check out one of the online sites. I do like to keep the brain exercised. I usually do this by working all the puzzles in the paper. Hocus Focus, Jumble, Crossword, Word Find and Cryptoquip. I still can't figure out Sudoku, although I solve one of the easy ones by accident every now and then.

srx700xxx

Reaction score
Handicap
I've been watching quite a bit of chess content on YouTube lately. Some of it is from the Los Angeles Chess Club and some of the same players playing games at the beach with some friendly banter and trash-talking going on. There are two youngsters (Golan and Dada) that put the hurting on the older fellows. I think they are around 7 and 9 years old. Some brutal attacks and endgames that make the older minds go numb in a hurry.

My game is weak and my line of defense crumbles in short order. I'm lost without my Queen! :unsure:

fuffle master

Shaft it Up!!
Albatross 2021 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Chess is such a cool game. I was never good enough to think more then a few moves ahead, but had fun playing.

MickNuggetz

Reaction score
Love chess. Wish I had someone to play with.

srx700xxx

Reaction score
Handicap
Love chess. Wish I had someone to play with.
Play online, it's free. I signed up to chess.com and pay a fee so I am able to have a computer analyze my games or solve puzzles. It is free to just play a computer or person. It is amazing how many lost opportunities present themselves during a game. I just don't spot them in the 10 minute games I've been playing.

I've played against many players from all over the world and see many different approaches to the game. Paying the fee also shows how accurate your moves were during any game. My ranking went backwards a couple of weeks ago but it is slowly climbing as I learn new stuff.

Welcome to The Hackers Paradise

Don't just play golf, live it!

Register Log in