Chicago area thread (Northern IL, Milwaukee, Northern Indiana too)

42-40 with a oen birdie. left alot out there but would love to play it again

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Looks like you had better luck on the time than I’ve had. It’s a great course I just haven’t had the best luck with time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looks like you had better luck on the time than I’ve had. It’s a great course I just haven’t had the best luck with time.

ya man it was 3.5 hrs. was good quick round. maybe cause of the humidity

ya man it was 3.5 hrs. was good quick round. maybe cause of the humidity

Nice! I haven’t played it in a couple years because of the time suck but may have to give it another go. I always liked the layout.

Nice! I haven’t played it in a couple years because of the time suck but may have to give it another go. I always liked the layout.

ya its a THP outing waiting to happen

Only hole i birdied..

851848a7b6a5c60617dca45183d51121.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Just booked a birthday (10/18) flight in and out of CHI for a Blackhawks game (vs. CBJ). My son (24) is coming along and we'll arrive 10AM into Midway. Was probably just going to get a Lyft or something to the Bean and check out that area, unless someone mentions something 'must-do' for a couple hours. Then planned on hitting up the Blackhawks store and maybe a peek inside Johnny's Icehouse before the game (typical fanboy crap I guess). After, it was mentioned to me to hit up Parlor Pizza because it's good and they're open late. Why late? Because we have a 540AM flight out of O'Hare back to ATL. We could eat and sit around till they kick us out and head to the airport.In and out. Get my Hawks on and get back home!Any major flaws in this plan you locals can think of? Anyone care to join us for lunch or something?

Last edited:
I will check my schedule ASAP not sure I can get away been working some Saturdays will let you guys know asap

Outing today at Bull Valley today. Man that course is awesome...and tough! Glad it was a scramble. One of the coolest I've ever played in! Playoff format was fantastic.
62ff65cff9b5eac61bb11da11eb18ff0.jpg
79e5fe4a9eb6f428a6ae8a525ee2d573.jpg
3804ad6d0db7a81393d9afe9ca8a8b30.jpg
8badd435c55da3c69413cd5ef4b07230.jpg

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Okay Chicago suburbs, I am heading back to the area next week and the week after for some THP stuff. What kind of weather am I looking at so I know what to pack.

mid 70s sunny we just had a bunch of rain so hopefully that is done

JB;n8887272 said:
Okay Chicago suburbs, I am heading back to the area next week and the week after for some THP stuff. What kind of weather am I looking at so I know what to pack.

Probably some of the best weather we will have all year. 70’s during the day 50’s at night. Most of the time I am wearing shorts all day and throwing on a quarter zip once the sun starts going down.

JB;n8887272 said:

Bring the Sticks, I have time to take..... Highlands of Elgin?

Iceman!;n8887414 said:

No time for golf, meetings each day and dinners and drinks each night. But fun planning for 2020 and THPers, so that is good.

JB;n8887700 said:
No time for golf, meetings each day and dinners and drinks each night. But fun planning for 2020 and THPers, so that is good.

Sunshine and smiles then...

Ottawaclo;n8887831 said:
Sunshine and smiles then...

Well there is nothing wrong with that. Take off in a couple of hours and then off to a late lunch with Budget Golf before a fun day tomorrow with Tour Edge.

Iceman!;n8887414 said:

Great choice to play 18. The Highlands is about 20 minutes from my house.

Got an opening at Prairie Landing on Saturday 8:00 if someone wants a challenge.
Going to be cool and windy

I need some golf course suggestions. Haven't played in 15 years, since I moved up here 20 yrs ago from south Florida. Down there I played a ton of nice courses. I want to get back out and play again but don't know the golf course landscape around here. Ideally, I would like something nicely maintained and forgiving (read: fairly open) to get started again and it doesn't need to be long, something in the 6000-6400 range.

I'm in Streamwood and can travel a bit but don't want something too far away, like 30 or 40 miles away. Last course I played was Brae Loch in Grayslake which was fairly far away but that's where the other guys I was hooked up with played and I wasn't impressed with it either. I played the 9 hole Streamwood course once and didn't like that either. Close by is Hilldale but don't know anything about it. St Andrews is down Rte 59 from me, not too far.... do either of their 2 courses fit the bill?

What'cha got???

Thanks!

Hey Brassie

There are a number of courses here in the area, that would fit the bill. St. Andrews is good either the #1 course or the Joe Jemsek are good. Hilldale is a great course, have played there many times over the years. Also for your consideration would be Bloomingdale Golf course and Bartlet Hills. You might also enjoy the Eaglewood Resort course. The Highlands of Elgin is a better course and is a links style course.

Can't believe this, but on my way back to Chicago. Leave on Tuesday or Wednesday and just there for 2 days before heading to the big THP Event where the winners get to create their own Truvis with Budget Golf.

JB;n8895013 said:
Can't believe this, but on my way back to Chicago. Leave on Tuesday or Wednesday and just there for 2 days before heading to the big THP Event where the winners get to create their own Truvis with Budget Golf.

You sure you're getting out?
Heard the Ship Show yesterday and JasonFinleyCG talk about the THP Championship. Sounds excited to be part of a Boondoggle that he's not completely planning.
Weather should be nice in Chicago
BTW: Would you/Have you even play with Rental Clubs?

Iceman!;n8895026 said:
You sure you're getting out?
Heard the Ship Show yesterday and JasonFinleyCG talk about the THP Championship. Sounds excited to be part of a Boondoggle that he's not completely planning.
Weather should be nice in Chicago
BTW: Would you/Have you even play with Rental Clubs?

Jason has played in many THP events. He has only planned the Grandaddy. The King and Gauntlet were both so much fun with that team as part of our Major Series several years ago.
Nobody has ever planned a THP Event outside of myself and GolferGal.

But I agree, he is excited and when we first planned the Truvis idea, it was separate, but when he wanted to be a part of this one because of location, it made perfect sense since they are great partners with Budget Golf to jump in and combine them and make them even better for THPers.

Sorry Iceman! missed the last part. Would I play with rental clubs? Every round I use different clubs, so sure. Time is what is not on my side.

Back