Chicago area thread (Northern IL, Milwaukee, Northern Indiana too)

Have you played there before?? its pretty nice. Staff is very friendly... this time of year has been wide open. Seems like not a lot of people have the winter urge to hit balls yet

This will be my second time. My first time was a couple of weeks ago. You are correct the staff is very friendly. :eek:k:

Had a great time at Legends Indoor Golf this afternoon. Starting to get used to hitting of the carpet, not that I'm any better of the grass. Shot a 93 this afternoon. Hey, I never said I was good. :laughing:

Hello Chicago THPers. Looks like life is going to relocate me to the Windy City and wondering if anyone has any insight to Lake county or Western McHenry county. Priority is the school system and looking around crystal lake, Grayslake, Barrington, libertyville for housing. Thoughts? Looking forward to hitting a golf ball again after only getting about 5 rounds in during 2019.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Lake Zurich, great area with great school district. Been here since 1989.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Thanks Iceman! and formula8 for joining me at TopGolf today!!! Had an absolute blast playing St. Andrews! Wasn’t a pretty round but it was fun!

26c560b0ca51fe5e3c1bd570ee210858.jpg

15ccb35d4d365bb0dcaf293b8528bd92.jpg

38c8b5179b5b54502151022b3db31cab.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks Iceman! And formula8 for joining me at TopGolf today!!! Had an absolute blast playing St. Andrews! Wasn’t a pretty round but it was fun!

26c560b0ca51fe5e3c1bd570ee210858.jpg

15ccb35d4d365bb0dcaf293b8528bd92.jpg

38c8b5179b5b54502151022b3db31cab.jpg

Had a great time! @jfergus7 and @formula8
47155BD8-B5E6-4847-B98F-3913AC93CC79.jpeg

Ended up running into some other friends as I was leaving so had to stay and hit more balls. Ended up playing the front 9 of Pebble Beach. Tough course when all my mis hits were going right directly into the ocean but still a ton of fun!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Really fun afternoon at Top Golf Schaumburg with @jfergus7 and @Iceman!. We will definitely be doing this again.

Virtual golf using Toptracer was a blast especially once we figured out how to hit the damn yellow target for the putting portion lol.
Looks like fun guys. I may try to sneak down and join you one of these days. We lost my mother in law this past week so we've been just trying to keep life together. But I'm glad to see you guys enjoying the new facility.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Looks like fun guys. I may try to sneak down and join you one of these days. We lost my mother in law this past week so we've been just trying to keep life together. But I'm glad to see you guys enjoying the new facility.

So sorry to hear about your Mother-in-Law. Condolences to you and your family.

We will absolutely let you know the next time we go. We had a blast playing the virtual courses think we are gonna try to get together every few weeks and play. And I’m off for 2 weeks over Christmas so I will have plenty of time to go then!

Sorry to hear about your loss. That's really tough on everyone.

We would love to have you join next time. Virtual golf accounts for handicaps so it will give us a fighting chance.

Condolences to you and your family dhart.

I'm glad that top golf is finally open. Only about 25 minutes from home. I'm game for the next outing after I get back.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

I am hoping to hit TG Schaumburg again this coming Sunday afternoon. I am hoping I can pick up a work shift that day also so it will all depend if that happens but if not anyone want to join me? We can finalize time later in the week

I am hoping to hit TG Schaumburg again this coming Sunday afternoon. I am hoping I can pick up a work shift that day also so it will all depend if that happens but if not anyone want to join me? We can finalize time later in the week

With the Bears/Packers might not want to wait too late - Might fill up - I'm in....

I'm not able to make it this Sunday.

I just noticed a new Golf Galaxy opened up across from the PGA Superstore in Downers Grove.

I just noticed a new Golf Galaxy opened up across from the PGA Superstore in Downers Grove.

That’s why PGA Tour Superstore did a customer appreciation weekend back in October the weekend before GG opened.

Yeah I still haven't been able to figure that one out. When the Schaumburg PGATSS opened in 2012 I think, it pretty much put the Schaumburg Golf Galaxy and Golfsmith out of business.

Speaking of Strawberry Creek, we should play in ‘20. Or Kenosha CC and play a Ross
If only I knew how

Pfft. Date/time, just a date/time....
Alright, if we just need a date and time.... Then we might as well play 18 at each on the same day

I was just looking at Kenosha CC earlier today. You can get a complimentary 1 day membership from them to play golf, tennis, swim and dine.

I used to know a guy at Strawberry but not sure he still is a member.

Back