Chicago area thread (Northern IL, Milwaukee, Northern Indiana too)

That's golfnow. Check the course's website. It's all good on there.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Yeah, so I've seen. I can also say that it's not the first time I've seen it happen. You'd think that Klein Creek would keep an eye on Golfnow since they depend on the it for business. But what do I know. :unsure:

Major props playing that course in the weather we had today! Pics looked gorgeous!

Yeah, so I've seen. I can also say that it's not the first time I've seen it happen. You'd think that Klein Creek would keep an eye on Golfnow since they depend on the it for business. But what do I know. :unsure:
The hot deals are actually golfnow deals from what I gather. So they are their tee times to sell. That's their payment for selling all the other non hot deal tee times. So whatever they sell them for, they keep.

The hot deals are actually golfnow deals from what I gather. So they are their tee times to sell. That's their payment for selling all the other non hot deal tee times. So whatever they sell them for, they keep.

Understood, I live 5 minutes from Klein Creek and have played that course many times in the last few years, and I still can't understand the $195 pricetag. The course is not worth that kinda money to play. Even Cantigny doesn't cost that much. Guess it's just me, but I still wouldn't pay $195 to play Klein Creek.

Understood, I live 5 minutes from Klein Creek and have played that course many times in the last few years, and I still can't understand the $195 pricetag. The course is not worth that kinda money to play. Even Cantigny doesn't cost that much. Guess it's just me, but I still wouldn't pay $195 to play Klein Creek.
Oh it's definitely gotta be a mistake. I'm just saying that KC doesn't care if those times are sold because they're not getting any revenue from it.

Oh it's definitely gotta be a mistake. I'm just saying that KC doesn't care if those times are sold because they're not getting any revenue from it.

Agree, but neither is Golfnow. :laughing:

Well the City of Chicago just stopped golfers from golfing on the city courses. You can still golf in the suburbs or the rest of the state but yesterday they closed courses in city limits. Crazycrazycrazycrazy

Went out to Indiana this weekend and its crazy how different the rules/restrictions are. Saturday they let more people go off in 2 hours in Indiana than whats allowed in Illinois for the entire day. Carts allowed and 2 people per cart. Pretty much no restrictions
Clubhouse was open snacks/food. Was able to buy range balls and use the putting green.

For those of you that have considered lessons with Tim Overman at Golf In Motion down near the city, he's released an online program of some sort this week if you're interested. Seems the Chicago shutdown has got him changing things up a bit.

www.truemotiongolf.com

Found a course in Wheaton, Il called Arrowhead Golf Club. Was able to get a tee time at 1:15pm on Monday with the use of a cart.

There is still one spot open at the 1:15pm time slot if some THPer in the Chicago area would like to join me.

Last edited:
Played Arboretum Club again today and it's a free for all with cart usage. I was literally the only person I saw walking. Asked a member and he said they will give one to anyone that asks.

This will go on my bucket list. This course is one that I play every year in September in a golf outing scramble. It would be real different to play this course from the first hole. (y) :laughing:

Found a course in Wheaton, Il called Arrowhead Golf Club. Was able to get a tee time at 1:15pm on Monday with the use of a cart.

There is still one spot open at the 1:15pm time slot if some THPer in the Chicago area would like to join me.

Love Arrowhead!!! Enjoy!

I played Old Orchard today and they offered us carts. Course was in great shape. Walked 9 in 2 hours flat.

Anyone know how strict Cog Hill is being with carts? A friend and I are playing #2 "Ravines" on Friday afternoon.

Played Arboretum Club again today and it's a free for all with cart usage. I was literally the only person I saw walking. Asked a member and he said they will give one to anyone that asks.

Arbo is a great track. Absolutely love the back 9 on that course.

Arbo is a great track. Absolutely love the back 9 on that course.
A "New THPer" to our thread. Which NW Suburb? Lot's of us live in that area.

Anyone know how strict Cog Hill is being with carts? A friend and I are playing #2 "Ravines" on Friday afternoon.
I was there at the end of March when we had 2 days to golf before they stopped it. At that time they were very strict and I would assume with the new rules since then they would remain the same but not 100% sure. Good luck on your round and welcome to THP!

A "New THPer" to our thread. Which NW Suburb? Lot's of us live in that area.

I live in Hoffman Estates, near Bridges of Poplar Creek.
Got into the game just last year, and that was the first course I played; I've been bouncing around the Chicagoland area, checking out as many courses as I can.

I was there at the end of March when we had 2 days to golf before they stopped it. At that time they were very strict and I would assume with the new rules since then they would remain the same but not 100% sure. Good luck on your round and welcome to THP!

Thanks! I'm excited to play "Ravines" and to be a part of the THP community.

I live in Hoffman Estates, right near Bridges of Poplar Creek.
Got into the game just last year, and that was the first course I played; I've been bouncing around the Chicagoland area, checking out as many courses as I can.

I've played Poplar Creek many times over the years. Have you played Hilldale Golf Club, it's just north of Poplar Creek.

BTW, :welcome:

I've played Poplar Creek many times over the years. Have you played Hilldale Golf Club, it's just north of Poplar Creek.

BTW, :welcome:

Yep, played Hilldale last summer - that's pretty close to me as well.
I spent last summer trying to play someplace new just about every weekend.

Yep, played Hilldale last summer - that's pretty close to me as well.
I spent last summer trying to play someplace new just about every weekend.

That's the way I like to play also, a new course every time I play. Adds variety to the game.

That's the way I like to play also, a new course every time I play. Adds variety to the game.

Agreed. Have you played Bowes Creek or Highlands of Elgin? Those are next on my list.

Agreed. Have you played Bowes Creek or Highlands of Elgin? Those are next on my list.

I have many times for played each course, Bowes Creek can be a real challenge most any time you play. Highlands is a great course, I always enjoy playing there.

Last edited:
Back