Chicago area thread (Northern IL, Milwaukee, Northern Indiana too)

Playing Geneva National Gary Player Course today with the Veterans Golf Association.
Looks like a beautiful course!

I was informed that you are not leaving your house for any reason with the virus around

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

*will leave for golf at Erin Hills. But in seriousness, hope you guys have a blast.

*will leave for golf at Erin Hills. But in seriousness, hope you guys have a blast.

We had a great time !!!!!!!!!

d6e8af0ec6f94b27db4073c561fc89c3.jpg

9a24f1c2981986c182c08d643f6c4df6.jpg

2760f7df1d6d08ee976edec58b40d61e.jpg

cc7a9464a4d6d282c63ebfa8ef759c7b.jpg

The rains in the burbs did not do the courses any favors over the weekend.

Heading to Wisconsin Dells tomorrow with 7 other guys for our 27th annual golf trip.

We play Trapper's Turn Friday, Wild Rock Saturday and Sunday.

I love Wild Rock, one of my all time favorite courses!

We had a great time !!!!!!!!!

So did Erin Hills allow push carts? I thought that was a no-no or did that change because of no caddies?
Any idea if that rule stays?

So did Erin Hills allow push carts? I thought that was a no-no or did that change because of no caddies?
Any idea if that rule stays?
Yeah they allowed them. I think that role is going away on June 1st. You don't want to use a push cart there anyway....TAKE A CADDY. It's an extremely tough walk pushing a cart.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

It was nice to be able to hit some balls at the Green Valley range today! Much better than my backyard net!

Played Schaumburg today. Walked. Course is in great shape.

Played Schaumburg today. Walked. Course is in great shape.
I played it twice last week and I concur. Rough is pretty damn tall and thick and finding balls can be a challenge when the tee game gets a little loose.

I played Old Orchard yesterday, the course was in great shape. But oh man, the rough was brutal. It was very thick and hard to get the irons through the grass or even make make contact on the ball sometimes.

I played Old Orchard yesterday, the course was in great shape. But oh man, the rough was brutal. It was very thick and hard to get the irons through the grass or even make make contact on the ball sometimes.
Should have stopped by- I live 2 miles due west and yes the rough is brutal.

Should have stopped by- I live 2 miles due west and yes the rough is brutal.

We'll have to try and get together for a round of golf sometime this summer.

I'm playing Cary Country Club on Thursday. I've been playing this course since 1976 at least once a year. If I ever had something I could call a home course it would be Cary. This course is just so much fun to play. ;)

Played Blackberry Oaks today, first 18 in over a year due to knee surgeries, felt great to get out and wasn’t too rusty either!

Great to hear! Hope you stay healthy!

I've got a tee time this coming Monday at the Golf Club of Illinois and was wondering if anyone has played the course this year and could offer up thoughts on what shape the golf course is in for me. Thx. ;)

I've got a tee time this coming Monday at the Golf Club of Illinois and was wondering if anyone has played the course this year and could offer up thoughts on what shape the golf course is in for me. Thx. ;)
Played it last October on a Golf Moose package. Was in good shape then They have a par 5 on back that is 678 from the tips if your so inclined😃
Nice course all in all

Played it last October on a Golf Moose package. Was in good shape then They have a par 5 on back that is 678 from the tips if your so inclined😃
Nice course all in all

GCI is one of my favorite golf courses to play. Really looking forward to playing the course on Monday. (y)

That 11th hole is too long for me even from the white tees. :laughing:

GCI is one of my favorite golf courses to play. Really looking forward to playing the course on Monday. (y)

That 11th hole is too long for me even from the white tees. :laughing:

If you or anyone has kids, they have a deal: $25 for parent and child with cart after 5pm any evening includes weekends. You can play unlimited also.

Any THPers in the Chicago area interested in a round of golf on Monday? The day is open for me and I can pretty much go anywhere within reason.

Love to but I have a Tuesday league and my back doesnt allow me to golf 2 days in a row😢. Shoot for a Thursday or friday when its good for you.

Love to but I have a Tuesday league and my back doesnt allow me to golf 2 days in a row😢. Shoot for a Thursday or friday when its good for you.

Thursday or Friday works also for me also. (y)

Back