Chicago area thread (Northern IL, Milwaukee, Northern Indiana too)

Playing Meadow Valley in Middlebury IN tomorrow morning if anyone is bored.

Playing Meadow Valley in Middlebury IN tomorrow morning if anyone is bored.
I'll look for you in the road. We're driving to the ND game.

I'm playing dubs Wednesday for my first round of the year... I'm sure it will be fine 🤣🤣

Can't believe this picture was taken three years ago already. Me leaving for deployment. Need to get some rounds in with you thpers! Been too long
Screenshot_20220908-114813.png

I'll look for you in the road. We're driving to the ND game.

I'm playing dubs Wednesday for my first round of the year... I'm sure it will be fine 🤣🤣

Can't believe this picture was taken three years ago already. Me leaving for deployment. Need to get some rounds in with you thpers! Been too long
View attachment 9119063
lets get some golf in before it snows here people

Well im planning on making it to the area sep 26 probably mid to late afternoon. I have a rehearsal dinner. And a wedding on 2 days while I'm there then leaving October 5 I believe. So im looking at hopefully 4 or 5 rounds. And or top golf. If anyone is interested you are more than welcome to come. Just need to pick the places haha

I'm thinking of these 3 courses to start.it can expand when I am there but, Arlington Lakes Golf Club, Makray Memorial Golf Club, Palatine Hills Golf Course & Clubhouse. I wonder how attainable it's to get a teatime at Inverness? I'm going to be getting more info on the wedding and family plans today so I can more or less get it figured out so if anyone wants to join they can! Sorry for the thread spam.

I'm thinking of these 3 courses to start.it can expand when I am there but, Arlington Lakes Golf Club, Makray Memorial Golf Club, Palatine Hills Golf Course & Clubhouse. I wonder how attainable it's to get a teatime at Inverness? I'm going to be getting more info on the wedding and family plans today so I can more or less get it figured out so if anyone wants to join they can! Sorry for the thread spam.

Not sure but I believe Inverness is private Maraky is just ok from what I remember and the other 2 I have not played

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not sure but I believe Inverness is private Maraky is just ok from what I remember and the other 2 I have not played

I haven't played any of them haha. I'm expecting to lose balls and shot a high score tho 🤣 it's worth it to just get out and Play different courses. Especially when the snow Flys half the year

Makray is a very nice course. Some of the toughest greens to putt on In the area. The ball rolls true but very fast and I think they enjoy finding difficult pin placements. Arlington Lakes is short but has it’s challenges. It’s been a while since I played Palatine Hills but I know a couple of people that played there last year and liked it.

It looks like I will be there Tuesday afternoon or evening I will be kind of free until Friday midday Saturday Sunday are planned with family and, Monday Tuesday and Wednesday I'm pretty much free to do anything so if anybody wants to chime in and throw out golfing any of those days I'm more than welcome it!

It looks like I will be there Tuesday afternoon or evening I will be kind of free until Friday midday Saturday Sunday are planned with family and, Monday Tuesday and Wednesday I'm pretty much free to do anything so if anybody wants to chime in and throw out golfing any of those days I'm more than welcome it!
Hope it’s a nice trip. I’m a couple hours west, so won’t be able to join you. Highlands of Elgin gets my vote.

Makray is a good course, but you'll pay a pretty penny and it'll probably beat you up A LOT.

Arlington Lakes is a fun course. Less scenic than Makray. More back and forth. But a good municipal like course.

I have not played Palatine Hills.

Hope it’s a nice trip. I’m a couple hours west, so won’t be able to join you. Highlands of Elgin gets my vote.
I can always stop on my way home. I'm driving 4 hours west of the twin cities to get home. So it will be fun!

Makray is a good course, but you'll pay a pretty penny and it'll probably beat you up A LOT.

Arlington Lakes is a fun course. Less scenic than Makray. More back and forth. But a good municipal like course.

I have not played Palatine Hills.
I'm sure both will be harder than what I'm use to to be honest. But im looking forward to a challange

I'll be in the burbs tomorrow. Anyone up for some golf wendsday or Thursday mid day?

I'll be in the burbs tomorrow. Anyone up for some golf wendsday or Thursday mid day?

Unfortunately Wednesday and Thursday are booked for me

Unfortunately Wednesday and Thursday are booked for me

Same. I'm out. Where you hoping to play?

I'm just looking around, im thinking merkray, or arboretum golf club. They have available tee times still today. Palatine Hills is booked for today haha

If anyone would like another in their group let me know. I think I'm going to see about murkray around 2ish

Courses out towards the west are opening up for walking, anyone planning to get out soon?

Just played Indian Boundary in Chicago today!

Open invite to any of you folks looking to head west on 80 or 88. I'll be spending a bunch of time at my home course Fyre Lake and would love to have any of you join me for a round.
Only a 3 hr drive for me!

Open invite to any of you folks looking to head west on 80 or 88. I'll be spending a bunch of time at my home course Fyre Lake and would love to have any of you join me for a round.

I always head out that way a couple times. Might have some room at my buddies course of Oakwood in Coal Valley. I'll let you know when I'm heading that way. I think their first Guest Day is April 27.

Only a 3 hr drive for me!
I always head out that way a couple times. Might have some room at my buddies course of Oakwood in Coal Valley. I'll let you know when I'm heading that way. I think their first Guest Day is April 27.

Awesome. Definitely let me know if you are thinking about heading over. My schedule mid April - July is a little wacky with baseball, but I'm sure we can find something that works eventually.

Just under 3 hours for me. I head out that way sometimes for work. I actually have a job running now in Moline. I'm sure we can make this work. It would be even more fun if we were both testing new Srixon equipment....

Back