Chicago area thread (Northern IL, Milwaukee, Northern Indiana too)

Good luck! Been raining all day. Highs in the 40's tomorrow with 15+ mph winds. Sunny at least

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Thanks. Yeah... supposed to be “dry” tomorrow (whatever that means anymore). We’ll make the best of it and have fun!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Brave soul....

What doesn’t kill you make you stronger, right? It is October in the Midwest...

Working here in Lockport and its horrible out. Hoping to get another round in before end of season. LMK if any THpers are down in the area. Willing to travel

Club Champion full bag fittings have begun. 50% off and $10 more off if you're a CDGA member.
a0850d30cf415e9d895ffc4e52d84188.jpg

Let us know how that goes, I'd be very interested in all the details. (y)

Let us know how that goes, I'd be very interested in all the details. (y)
I went in 2018 so I won't be going back quite yet...but it's a fantastic experience.

I went in 2018 so I won't be going back quite yet...but it's a fantastic experience.

Ahh....My mistake.

Ahh....My mistake.
No problem! Just wanted to put it out there for folks because it books up quickly and issues starts in January. They released it early this year.

No problem! Just wanted to put it out there for folks because it books up quickly and issues starts in January. They released it early this year.

Thanks for that. (y)

i asked about the willowbrook location in another thread....anyone had experience there? im going saturday

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

i asked about the willowbrook location in another thread....anyone had experience there? im going saturday

I've only been to the Deerfield location.

It's their main office so you should get a good fitting.
I was at the Schaumburg Club Champion last night - had a great fitting.
Great people to work with - Laid Back - no pressure, Get it right type of people.

Last edited:
It's their man office so you should get a good fitting.
I was at the Schaumburg Club Champion last night - had a great fitting.
Great people to work with - Laid Back - no pressure, Get it right type of people.

Schaumburg is where I was thinking about heading when I get ready to do a fitting. Nice to hear some feedback about CC there.

Schaumburg is where I was thinking about heading when I get ready to do a fitting. Nice to hear some feedback about CC there.
Ask for Alex Paraeger - he runs that location - for lack of a better description - He just "Gets it"

Ask for Alex Paraeger - he runs that location - for lack of a better description - He just "Gets it"

Thx for the head's up. (y)

Well TopGolf Schaumburg officially opened today. I decided for some extra money and to get to play for free I would get a part-time job working Guest Services. Other then the extra pay I have the ability to bring a bay full of people all for free with me whenever I go. In addition to the free bay everyone in my group also gets 50% off food! So as long as the venue isn't packed I am free to go anytime I wish. If anyone wants to go in the upcoming weekends shoot me a message! Week days are tough for me since I will be working a few morning a week and I work my full time job every weeknight. So PM me if interested and we will find times to go!

PS: Schaumburg does have TopTracer with the built in golf courses that you can play!!

Going to hit TopGolf Schaumburg this evening to hit some balls and watch the Bears game. Have room for a few more in the bay if any locals want to join me. Free if you want to go. Probably head over at 7

Hello Chicago THPers. Looks like life is going to relocate me to the Windy City and wondering if anyone has any insight to Lake county or Western McHenry county. Priority is the school system and looking around crystal lake, Grayslake, Barrington, libertyville for housing. Thoughts? Looking forward to hitting a golf ball again after only getting about 5 rounds in during 2019.

Well TopGolf Schaumburg officially opened today. I decided for some extra money and to get to play for free I would get a part-time job working Guest Services. Other then the extra pay I have the ability to bring a bay full of people all for free with me whenever I go. In addition to the free bay everyone in my group also gets 50% off food! So as long as the venue isn't packed I am free to go anytime I wish. If anyone wants to go in the upcoming weekends shoot me a message! Week days are tough for me since I will be working a few morning a week and I work my full time job every weeknight. So PM me if interested and we will find times to go!

PS: Schaumburg does have TopTracer with the built in golf courses that you can play!!
I'd love to take you up on the offer as I'm only 10 min away. I couldn't make last night but let me know the next time you are getting a bay.

Hello Chicago THPers. Looks like life is going to relocate me to the Windy City and wondering if anyone has any insight to Lake county or Western McHenry county. Priority is the school system and looking around crystal lake, Grayslake, Barrington, libertyville for housing. Thoughts? Looking forward to hitting a golf ball again after only getting about 5 rounds in during 2019.

You'll be right in my hood! I'm on the Western part of lake county... border of McHenry. PM me and I can give you my number we can text/chat if you'd like.

Good to have you in this thread as a "Local" Think any of those areas are going to have great schools.
Let's get out in 2020!

Barrington is going to be the most expensive, prestigious and most highly-regarded schools in that general area. That doesn't mean they are necessarily the best but that is definitely the general perception in this area.
You would have to do some research and see what is most important to you.

I live in Dupage County in Carol Stream and I realize that I'm out of the area that you're looking in, but if school is a priority then District 93 School systems here in Carol Stream is very highly rated. My wife and I have lived in Carol Stream for the last 35 years and all four of our children have gone through the school systems here. The local high school is Glenbard North. Just thought I'd throw this out there just in case it might interest you. ;)

I live in Dupage County in Carol Stream and I realize that I'm out of the area that you're looking in, but if school is a priority then District 93 School systems here in Carol Stream is very highly rated. My wife and I have lived in Carol Stream for the last 35 years and all four of our children have gone through the school systems here. The local high school is Glenbard North. Just thought I'd throw this out there just in case it might interest you. ;)

Appreciate the response. Would love to make it work but the trip to round lake would eat me alive. Actually in carol stream right now for work.

Barrington is going to be the most expensive, prestigious and most highly-regarded schools in that general area. That doesn't mean they are necessarily the best but that is definitely the general perception in this area.
You would have to do some research and see what is most important to you.

Yeah Barrington seems to be a little out of our price range.

Back