Chicago area thread (Northern IL, Milwaukee, Northern Indiana too)

I'm in! I'll be home and off work all July

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk

I have the opportunity to pick up a Sunday afternoon shift but after giving it more thought I would much rather hit golf balls, drink and watch the Bears/Packers game.

So what time works for anyone wanting to meet at Topgolf Schaumburg? We can watch the game from our bay if you guys want to go early enough for that or we can go after. I am good really either way. Earliest I can arrive though would be about 11:30 since I have to drop my daughter at cheer practice at 10:45 in Addison.

I just noticed a new Golf Galaxy opened up across from the PGA Superstore in Downers Grove.
If you haven't been in there yet, you'll be shocked to see how nice it is in there. Its a huge upgrade from what Golf Galaxy used to look like. They have 5 Trackman simulators and 7 or 8 other practice hitting mats with GC2 monitors. Its very impressive in there. PGA still carries a little more variety of clubs

working in Lockport full time I need to do some Dome action soon or PGASS.

we should have got a 4some in the St Andrews Dome outing this weekend

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Alright does anyone want to hit TopGolf Schaumburg tomorrow? I’m going for sure but flexible on time

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you haven't been in there yet, you'll be shocked to see how nice it is in there. Its a huge upgrade from what Golf Galaxy used to look like. They have 5 Trackman simulators and 7 or 8 other practice hitting mats with GC2 monitors. Its very impressive in there. PGA still carries a little more variety of clubs

I went in there and it was very nice but it looked like they had a staff ratio of 5 employees to 1 customer. Place was just dead. Also I found the staff to be lacking in knowledge. They just didn't know any information about any of the products. Seemed to be older gentlemen that may have retired and their wifes told them to find something to do to get out of the house. I'm hoping it was just the guy I was talking to but left me very disappointed and not excited to really try anything new or buy anything. The bays were nice though and this winter I plan on trying them out to try and lock in distances with my clubs and my specific ball.

Im sure when I am there for a week in February for meetings and Range Days, the weather is going to be great right?

Im sure when I am there for a week in February for meetings and Range Days, the weather is going to be great right?

Well it's supposed to be mid 40's here this coming week and courses are still open.... so you have a chance

Well it's supposed to be mid 40's here this coming week and courses are still open.... so you have a chance

I read that as "You have no chance, but at least enjoy the food"

I read that as "You have no chance, but at least enjoy the food"

Yes and the new Starbucks Roastery up by watertower place.

Yes and the new Starbucks Roastery up by watertower place.

I dont do Starbucks (brand thing), but I do have a large area to cover.
Tinley, Batavia, Oak Brook, Willowbrook, Naperville, Warrenville and of course the beauty that is Joliet.

Well you'll definitely get 1 day in the 50's, following day will be below 0, next day will raise back up to 40, then 4 days in the 20's. Perfect week

I went in there and it was very nice but it looked like they had a staff ratio of 5 employees to 1 customer. Place was just dead. Also I found the staff to be lacking in knowledge. They just didn't know any information about any of the products. Seemed to be older gentlemen that may have retired and their wifes told them to find something to do to get out of the house. I'm hoping it was just the guy I was talking to but left me very disappointed and not excited to really try anything new or buy anything. The bays were nice though and this winter I plan on trying them out to try and lock in distances with my clubs and my specific ball.

Yea people still mainly go to PGA store... im guessing b/c its new and obviously holidays, but yea there are way too many people there. 3 cashiers, 2 in club tech, 4 people roaming the clothing section, 2 by the clubs and 2 fitters

but youre right. Most of the staff are 55+. Most of the sales floor team are retirees looking to stay busy and unfortunately not too knowledgable with the latest equipment. I worked at the Golf Galaxy in Orland Park for 2 years up until this past January and was the only person under 40 outside of management

Well you'll definitely get 1 day in the 50's, following day will be below 0, next day will raise back up to 40, then 4 days in the 20's. Perfect week

If I get a day in the 50s, I will be shocked. Last time in February, we didn't sniff that.

If I get a day in the 50s, I will be shocked. Last time in February, we didn't sniff that.

you just never know what we're gonna get here. 2018 we had multiple days in the 50s and 60s. last year not so much. started the month with -20!

you just never know what we're gonna get here. 2018 we had multiple days in the 50s and 60s. last year not so much. started the month with -20!

I will hug you if it gets into the 60s. And as you know, I am not a hugger.
I am eating healthy until PGA Show though, so I am going to go hog wild while there.

Look on the bright side, it's never too cold for a Chocolate Cake Shake!

Look on the bright side, it's never too cold for a Chocolate Cake Shake!
See, you get it. Granted we have Portillos here, but I always indulge up there.
This is a jam packed week, but I better have time for my Al's pizza.

I dont do Starbucks (brand thing), but I do have a large area to cover.
Tinley, Batavia, Oak Brook, Willowbrook, Naperville, Warrenville and of course the beauty that is Joliet.
Now that's funny.....

Trying to think who is in Oak Brook.....

See, you get it. Granted we have Portillos here, but I always indulge up there.
This is a jam packed week, but I better have time for my Al's pizza.
I will hug you if it gets into the 60s. And as you know, I am not a hugger.
I am eating healthy until PGA Show though, so I am going to go hog wild while there.

Haha.. we actually provide some of the food for Hog Wild

Do you mean Al's Beef?? Only the original one downtown is good...the chains across the suburbs are terrible. Its almost as if they use different beef

Haha.. we actually provide some of the food for Hog Wild

Do you mean Al's Beef?? Only the original one downtown is good...the chains across the suburbs are terrible. Its almost as if they use different beef
No sir. Al’s Pizza in Warrenville. My favorite thin crust I have had in the area.

Back