Chicago area thread (Northern IL, Milwaukee, Northern Indiana too)

almost 60* this upcoming Sunday... first round of the year is booked! I live in Lemont so Cog Hill is always the easiest, but Harborside is $49 right now and thats a steal!

almost 60* this upcoming Sunday... first round of the year is booked! I live in Lemont so Cog Hill is always the easiest, but Harborside is $49 right now and thats a steal!

Nice! I got an email notice from Fox Bend in Oswego that they are now officially open for the season. Common warm weather. :cool:

Nice! I got an email notice from Fox Bend in Oswego that they are now officially open for the season. Common warm weather. :cool:
I'm getting the itch after the Golf Show this past weekend. I need to make sure I play Fox Bend this year, it's been a few since I've been there.

I'm getting the itch after the Golf Show this past weekend. I need to make sure I play Fox Bend this year, it's been a few since I've been there.

It's a great course, I love playing there. (y)

I saw Sunset Valley is opening up this weekend. $64

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

$64 omg

Good lord that’s ridiculous.

You can see I told them how I felt about it...
e7a6c6f71b2bb4d1706dd4e4d3f1ef2d.jpg

I played Butler in 1984 or 85. A friend from college his dad was a member. It was the first and last CC I have played. I remember being in awe of how manicured everything was. Just pristine shape! I think the Western Open was still being played there.

I played Butler in 1984 or 85. A friend from college his dad was a member. It was the first and last CC I have played. I remember being in awe of how manicured everything was. Just pristine shape! I think the Western Open was still being played there.
Yea I think that ended in the early 90s before golf was cool (Tiger era). Course that could, but never will, host the US open

A lot of history there! It’s a shame we won’t even see that course on tv again.

Looks like our League is going to open late. Suppose to start 3/30:
7DFC9B14-B32C-4A4E-858E-52208AAF9103.jpeg

Last edited:
Yes. Not in league but am on there email list. Saw that the other day. Mine starts May 1 at maple meadows. Hope that doesn’t get delayed.

Many of the park district courses are closing for a couple of weeks. Our league doesn't start until the end of April, so I'm assuming we'll be okay... Unless the ridiculous rain comes again this year.

Just got this email from Hilldale.
17C018C1-54F1-4070-981B-F165609BEA3D.png

Cog hill open for golf not for food inside.

Cog hill open for golf not for food inside.

Kinda get the feeling that is what most golf courses around Chicago will be doing for awhile.

As long as they stay open. I can do without the food , the drink I can bring my own if need be.

Back