Chicago area thread (Northern IL, Milwaukee, Northern Indiana too)

I started a petition to try and get courses opened in IL sooner rather than later. I understand this may be polarizing, but courses really need our help.

I started a petition to try and get courses opened in IL sooner rather than later. I understand this may be polarizing, but courses really need our help.

Signed and sent out to others. Good luck on that!

A question for the northern Illinois/southern Wisconsin THP ers . Just in case Illinois doesn’t change it’s golf course stance what are some courses just over the border for me to try to play next week? Thanks for your help.

A question for the northern Illinois/southern Wisconsin THP ers . Just in case Illinois doesn’t change it’s golf course stance what are some courses just over the border for me to try to play next week? Thanks for your help.

Lake Geneva has a bunch to choose from.

Hawk's View (very tough walk), Brighton Dale(White or Blue), Bristol Oaks, Spring Valley, Glen Erin, and Evergreen is a good list to choose from.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Playing Whistling Straits on May 8th for $193, no caddy, can use own push cart. (y)

Playing Whistling Straits on May 8th for $193, no caddy, can use own push cart. (y)
I was invited to play Saturday but with the weather I decided against it.

I'm reading tweets that because there can only be two in a boat, golfers can only go out as a Twosomes.
I have tee times booked every Sat at 3 different courses starting actually this weekend.
I'll be interested to see how the courses keep golfers spread apart and get everyone on the course.

I'm reading tweets that because there can only be two in a boat, golfers can only go out as a Twosomes.
I have tee times booked every Sat at 3 different courses starting actually this weekend.
I'll be interested to see how the courses keep golfers spread apart and get everyone on the course.
Being on a fishing boat is a lot different than 4 in a group on a golf course. I don't know who's tweeting that, but that seems goofy.

That would put a crimp in my Tuesday golf league only going off as 2somes.

0C828BC9-3659-4392-A6E9-4926F91143D9.pngCan you guys please be on the look out for this or any suspicious too good to be true Golf Cart sales. This is my Best Friends business. Thanks.

View attachment 8939230Can you guys please be on the look out for this or any suspicious too good to be true Golf Cart sales. This is my Best Friends business. Thanks.
Replying to myself here. Truck and trailer were recovered in Chicago. 20 white Brand new President Club Cars still missing. Thanks for your vigilance.

Last edited:
EF3971F8-40C8-4E71-A16E-2AC9C7DDB840.jpeg47A44391-0C6C-47CB-ABBA-1BFB4FF7FE16.jpeg

I thought they may insist on us wearing masks so that's not the case at least. I think my work league is going to start up for those who are willing to walk so I think I'll end up playing on Mondays. Money is tight so that may be the only time.

I'm not a blue state guy trust me and I am frustrated too by our Bill of Rights being repressed so don't get me wrong that I agree with the policy, but I'm not that upset about it.

What has the here group here most frustrated?

Dave

Just tough to get excited about this. Almost not worth it.
I'm glad I'm 15 minutes from Wisconsin...

Well it’s worth it to me, I’ll be out playing and I’m very excited to be able to do so. Unfortunately I haven’t been able to find a net so this is all I got!

Well it’s worth it to me, I’ll be out playing and I’m very excited to be able to do so. Unfortunately I haven’t been able to find a net so this is all I got!
If you're able to get a time. 2-somes at 15 minute intervals won't leave a lot of space.

If you're able to get a time. 2-somes at 15 minute intervals won't leave a lot of space.

I don't think I'll have a problem with a tee time, I'm out far west and it's pretty rural. Even in prime season I can usually walk onto the course in my town.

I don't think I'll have a problem with a tee time, I'm out far west and it's pretty rural. Even in prime season I can usually walk onto the course in my town.

Whereabouts are you? How far west? I'm in the South Beloit/Rockford area.

Dave

Back