Chicago loves golf!

Welcome to THP

Welcome to THP!

Nice. I play mostly Arlington Lakes, Hilldale and Settler's Hill.
I live in Arlington Heights and really never play Arlington Lakes - Just find to hard to get a tee time (Or I don't want to work that hard)

:welcome:

I live in the Naperville area.

Welcome to THP!

Back in Georgia after visiting my son in Chicago for a quick 3 day visit. We got in Thursday, played golf on Friday with my son, his FIL and my BIL at Wynstone in Barrington. The only reason I'm even mentioning golf is because the last time I played this course with my son and his FIL I played like it was my first time on any course. I feel as though I redeemed myself this trip. I managed to tie his FIL with just under a bogey round not many strokes behind my son that is half my age but hits the ball twice as far. Not bad on a Nicklaus signature course.
While I enjoyed the golf outing the best part of the trip came Saturday when we all gathered for the baby shower for my son and DIL's first baby and our first grand child. I guess I have to start stockpiling pink golf balls cause it's a girl. I've already gotten my sons first set of clubs out of storage that I bought him when he was six years old.

Welcome to THP!

Back in Georgia after visiting my son in Chicago for a quick 3 day visit. We got in Thursday, played golf on Friday with my son, his FIL and my BIL at Wynstone in Barrington. The only reason I'm even mentioning golf is because the last time I played this course with my son and his FIL I played like it was my first time on any course. I feel as though I redeemed myself this trip. I managed to tie his FIL with just under a bogey round not many strokes behind my son that is half my age but hits the ball twice as far. Not bad on a Nicklaus signature course.
While I enjoyed the golf outing the best part of the trip came Saturday when we all gathered for the baby shower for my son and DIL's first baby and our first grand child. I guess I have to start stockpiling pink golf balls cause it's a girl. I've already gotten my sons first set of clubs out of storage that I bought him when he was six years old.
Congrats on your redemptive round and new granddaughter!

:welcome:

Anyone up for 18 on Sunday?

Welcome to THP and enloy.

Well the little one made her debut last Saturday morning 6# 9oz. cute as a bug. Wife and I got in yesterday to meet her for the first time. We’re going to be here for a week so I may try to get out and play Arlington Lakes at some point.
Glad to hear it! Congrats! Yep, get out to Arlington Lakes. It doesn't take long. Pretty relaxing course actually.

Hi everyone.

Glad to be here and appreciative of all of you who set this forum up so nicely.

btw You're my last chance to improve my game. (No pressure.)

Welcome to THP.
If I was you, I would look at THP as a way to improve your enjoyment of the game(which it definitely will), rather than improving your game skills.

Back