Chile's Wonderbagorium WITB

Great looking setup.

Are you playing multi bags or did you change your set up? Good looking set.

I have two bags but being cooped up has me thinking about trading in/selling my launcher hb irons and both of my 3w (I also have an m2 3w) and grabbing another hybrid (most likely a 4h or 5h bb19)...if I keep the Clevelands, I’ll find reasons to keep the 565’s clean and purty :cool::LOL:

Z565s and yes, they do

I want to try a set of Z65 irons with Miyakaki 8 shafts. I love playing my H65 hybrids with Miyazaki 7 shafts, they are sensational.

I want to try a set of Z65 irons with Miyakaki 8 shafts. I love playing my H65 hybrids with Miyazaki 7 shafts, they are sensational.

they are really nice...I just had them re-gripped as well. I was gonna grab an H85 as my second hybrid but the BB19 is so good for me, I figure another is probably the safe bet...

they are really nice...I just had them re-gripped as well. I was gonna grab an H85 as my second hybrid but the BB19 is so good for me, I figure another is probably the safe bet...

Try an H65, I expect you will like it.

nice set-up

Interesting .....never a full set.

On my regular courses, playing the white tees, my most used clubs are : driver, 7-9i, PW and Putter... My 3h use depends on how well I am hitting my driver... I could increase its use more by playing a little smarter but I'm never gonna improve if I'm shying away from my driver...if I play the local 9 hole, I could easily just carry the 3H, 7i, 9i, 60deg W and Putter. Not saying that's guaranteed success but when I'm playing well (as I'm sure it is with most people), there's some "extra" clubbage in the bag... Idk.

challenge accepted. Got a 4h on the way.

22* 4 hybrid is a great choice !
I started out with the #4 and soon added a 19* 3 and 16* 2. One nice factor about these H65's is that they are not a "distance hybrid". I carry my H65 22* about the same distance as a 24* 4-iron. At sea level flat terrain both carry 185 yards for me, but the H65 flies higher, lands softer, and is easier to strike well from less than ideal lies, so in the bag is the H65.

Last edited:
22* 4 hybrid is a great choice !
I started out with the #4 and soon added a 19* 3 and 16* 2. One nice factor about these H65's is that they are not a "distance hybrid". I carry my H65 22* about the same distance as a 24* 4-iron. At sea level flat terrain both carry 185 yards for me, but the H65 flies higher, lands softer, and is easier to strike well from less than ideal lies, so in the bag is the H65.

Put some range time in with it today... And yes to your feedback about not being a "distance hybrid" and higher flight, soft landing and easy to strike. Love it. It fits right in for me.

Put some range time in with it today... And yes to your feedback about not being a "distance hybrid" and higher flight, soft landing and easy to strike. Love it. It fits right in for me.

Great to learn you're liking the H65. Please post again once you've played a round or two of golf with it.:)

Great to learn you're liking the H65. Please post again once you've played a round or two of golf with it.:)

last couple of rounds, it’s been my 175-195 club...really enjoying it. The bb19 3h is my bomber hybrid but this just elevates the ball...I feel like it’s short of the target sometimes because it does that...but it‘s not...my bag is fairly settled except for wedges and FW...leaning toward a couple of cbx/cbx2 wedges...the Cleveland CG15 black 5w does work but I think a shaft change is needed...

Looks great, now all you need is a new putter to sink those putts close to the pin. ;)

:ROFLMAO:... I can't decide which one, tho :facepalm:

Then I won't ask you which you want, paper or plastic? :laughing:

last couple of rounds, it’s been my 175-195 club...really enjoying it. The bb19 3h is my bomber hybrid but this just elevates the ball...I feel like it’s short of the target sometimes because it does that...but it‘s not...my bag is fairly settled except for wedges and FW...leaning toward a couple of cbx/cbx2 wedges...the Cleveland CG15 black 5w does work but I think a shaft change is needed...

It may be time for you to pick up the H65 16* #2 hybrid :)
If you are averaging 185 carry with the H65 22* I expect you will carry the 16* about 215 from a ground lie, and about 220-225 carry from a tee. Also, the 16* has a bit more bounce and roll than the 22*. If I am using these hybrids to lay up on a par 5 hole , to a medium type ground condition, the 22** bounces/rolls about 5 yards, and the 16* bounces and rolls about 15 yards.
Compared to a fairway wood, I am finding the relatively short shaft of the 16* makes it easier to hit straighter, more accurate shots (than a fairway wood). Before the H65 the previous 16* and 17* hybrids I tried flew a bit loo low, but there is something about the H65 head design/weighting which helps get the ball flying on a higher trajectory than previous low lofted hybrids I've tried.

It may be time for you to pick up the H65 16* #2 hybrid :)
If you are averaging 185 carry with the H65 22* I expect you will carry the 16* about 215 from a ground lie, and about 220-225 carry from a tee. Also, the 16* has a bit more bounce and roll than the 22*. If I am using these hybrids to lay up on a par 5 hole , to a medium type ground condition, the 22** bounces/rolls about 5 yards, and the 16* bounces and rolls about 15 yards.
Compared to a fairway wood, I am finding the relatively short shaft of the 16* makes it easier to hit straighter, more accurate shots (than a fairway wood). Before the H65 the previous 16* and 17* hybrids I tried flew a bit loo low, but there is something about the H65 head design/weighting which helps get the ball flying on a higher trajectory than previous low lofted hybrids I've tried.

yes, the 5W is still a bit longer than I like...I was contemplating cutting it down to 40.5" (and re-weighting back to D2)...a 16* sounds like a nice addition but it'll have to wait. i think having the 16* and 22* would negate the 5W but i'd only be out $30 (and i could probably easily recoup that by selling it)...idk.

Solid setup, you done good (y)
I'd like to hear your take on the Huntington Beach Soft?
Seems every time I'm in the shop I've had to stoke them. Heavy radar alert;)

Solid setup, you done good (y)
I'd like to hear your take on the Huntington Beach Soft?
Seems every time I'm in the shop I've had to stoke them. Heavy radar alert;)

love the HB Soft...seems a bit "livelier" than my odysseys (black series-i and o-works black #1)...gives me that "click" on contact that i don't get with the odysseys i have (hence wanting to try a toulon)

yes, the 5W is still a bit longer than I like...I was contemplating cutting it down to 40.5" (and re-weighting back to D2)...a 16* sounds like a nice addition but it'll have to wait. i think having the 16* and 22* would negate the 5W but i'd only be out $30 (and i could probably easily recoup that by selling it)...idk.

From which type lies do you find yourself swinging a 5-wood?
Tee boxes? Here I expect you would find the 16* hybrid easier to hit straight than a 5-wood, and (including bounce and roll) probably ten yards longer.
200 plus yard shots from grassy-rough ? (16* hybrid is not especially suitable from grassy-rough lies, but if it's a bad lie in the rough a short iron is probably the best play anyway).
210 plus yards from fairway lies ? Here I expect you would find the 16* hybrid easier to hit straight than a 5-wood, and (including bounce and roll) probably ten yards longer.

The one significant advantage a 5-wood will have over a low lofted hybrid is that the 5-wood produces a higher trajectory shot. But I question how often high trajectory is really needed, desired .

Back