Chile's Wonderbagorium WITB

From which type lies do you find yourself swinging a 5-wood?
Tee boxes? Here I expect you would find the 16* hybrid easier to hit straight than a 5-wood, and (including bounce and roll) probably ten yards longer.
200 plus yard shots from grassy-rough ? (16* hybrid is not especially suitable from grassy-rough lies, but if it's a bad lie in the rough a short iron is probably the best play anyway).
210 plus yards from fairway lies ? Here I expect you would find the 16* hybrid easier to hit straight than a 5-wood, and (including bounce and roll) probably ten yards longer.

The one significant advantage a 5-wood will have over a low lofted hybrid is that the 5-wood produces a higher trajectory shot. But I question how often high trajectory is really needed, desired .

I've tried it out in each of those...I had the usual struggles I have with ANY FW from the fairway and off the deck in the tee box...I was okay with it in the grassy rough...I am really comfortable with my hybrids off the fairway and light rough (and that's probably from them being shorter). the 16* will probably be the club to move my BB19 into my other bag (which may wind up in my son's hands if he decides to play...he says he will but we'll see)...I need more range time with the 5W...and then decide if I want to cut it down.

my bag is like a bride on her wedding day now...something old, something new...something borrowed...something blue. #fml

my bag is like a bride on her wedding day now...something old, something new...something borrowed...something blue. #fml
But it looks good! What happened to the Cobra clubs?

But it looks good! What happened to the Cobra clubs?

ditched them for the Cleveland Launcher HBs...which were let go to begin my "old club" grab which has started with the Burner 2.0s and the Nike Forged Pro Combos...

ditched them for the Cleveland Launcher HBs...which were let go to begin my "old club" grab which has started with the Burner 2.0s and the Nike Forged Pro Combos...
Ah, right! I forgot that post with the club progression! :rolleyes:

That shark fairway cover hits hard!!!

I don't even see the point :ROFLMAO: but here's "today's" quiver

20200515_195328.jpg

When we go to the local 9er

20200519_054204.jpg

This bag, tho

20200627_075316.jpg

Wow....and I thought I was a club ho!!!! Will have to tell them all at the next meeting....that I’m not THAT BAD!!! 😂 congrats on your stix!

Dude that bag is HOT!!!!! Need to get the Srixon irons back in there though.

I cleaned them off and set them aside for a few rounds... They'll be back in soon enough.

@chile how is the net holding up for you?

20200705_153918.jpg

Evening, my friend. Hope you and the family had a great 4th of July weekend? Seems to me you're missing something on this setup to let people know your coming. Plus it will add a little class to it. :laughing:

41cL0LwRp3L._AC_.jpg

Evening, my friend. Hope you and the family had a great 4th of July weekend? Seems to me you're missing something on this setup to let people know your coming. Plus it will add a little class to it. :laughing:

View attachment 8952103

the weekend was good here....hope yours was as well...horns are a little too pompous for me. i prefer chimes. :LOL:

the weekend was good here....hope yours was as well...horns are a little too pompous for me. i prefer chimes. :LOL:

Well that's one way to let people know you're around, you can always chime in. ;) :laughing:

The 4th weekend was good here also. :)

Well that's one way to let people know you're around, you can always chime in. ;) :laughing:

The 4th weekend was good here also. :)

did your neighborhood fireworks displays seem to have a little more oomph to them this year? ours did...and they ran later into the night compared to previous years.

did your neighborhood fireworks displays seem to have a little more oomph to them this year? ours did...and they ran later into the night compared to previous years.

Roger that, things didn't quite down last night around here till about 1:30am.

Back