Chipping Practice

I need to take all of this on board and quickly! Played 18 yesterday and went round well, but if I'd have had a half decent short game then I'd have come in under 80 for the first time in forever.

My chipping was a disappointment yesterday. The easy excuse would be the goofy grip I'm having to use while my finger heals but in all honesty I'm rusty and need practice.
My short game goes away fast if I don't practice it. Probably faster than any other aspect of my game (none of which, admittedly, are great).

No - That guy is all over - It's more like astroturf that you can carry with you if you are conditions were the golf course doesn't want you beating up the fairways, so you hit off this mat. I searched on my phone for it, so I'm betting that IG sees my search and shows me all of the items that match that as "Sponsored" (Big Brother is always watching)
So I picked these up from Golf Training Ads.
E53CEB7E-E927-4532-AE17-9EA355E97CEF.jpeg7069CC23-574C-49E7-9BC8-C7AB541491C7.jpeg3A3B7824-AEB6-4F88-A11F-D0EC179BE800.jpeg
Really like they way they are made and until the ground firms up and SIP is done, should be able to at least practice chipping.

I like to place the balls in the type of conditions I might encounter on the course as best I can. Not all chipping practice areas have the same conditions, but I do attempt to make the shots as close as possible. Practicing easy repeatable shots all the time does little for my actual game, but practicing the difficult shots is what helps me most.

I also make sure I set my balls at a variety of different distances so that I force myself to work on distance chipping. I also chip with different clubs. I might chip 10 times with a 54 then go back and chip 10 times with a 48 and so on.

I also do a practice where I chip a shot then putt it out, chip another then putt it out and so on much like an actual round. This takes much longer, but is more like what is actually done at each hole in the round.

Back