Chipping with a Truvis WOW!!

badolds

Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
12 est.
I have never tried a Truvis because they are too busy for my taste. I found one on the course last weekend and threw it in the shag bag. I chipped around in the back yard this morning and was blown away at how cool it is. You can see the spin coming off the face and can see what the ball does after it hits the ground. I got to watching it too soon and started lifting my head but after making myself stay down it was very enjoyable. I get it now!!

I have never tried a Truvis because they are too busy for my taste. I found one on the course last weekend and threw it in the shag bag. I chipped around in the back yard this morning and was blown away at how cool it is. You can see the spin coming off the face and can see what the ball does after it hits the ground. I got to watching it too soon and started lifting my head but after making myself stay down it was very enjoyable. I get it now!!

One of the many reasons why I love the ball. Love seeing it check up and spin around the green. Which color did you use?

One of the many reasons why I love the ball. Love seeing it check up and spin around the green. Which color did you use?

Yellow and black. I am going to get a dozen just to chip around with.

That is precisely what got me on board. SO addicting!! Plus, they perform marvelously around the greens.

That is precisely what got me on board. SO addicting!! Plus, they perform marvelously around the greens.

First thing that got me on board was viewing a Truvis next to a regular ball at address. I haven't come across anyone who thinks they look the same size. The Truvis design just gives the illusion of it being bigger and it gives me more confidence at address. That combined with the only ball at the time where you could see spin?! Sold.... and that's not even getting into performance which we all know is high quality.

It's really cool to see the spin action, I catch myself just watching it too. Makes you visually see what a ball does once it hits the ground and rolls a little more.

Yes chipping is a blast with these, instant feedback so you can tell when you hit it well or not

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Watching the Truvis on a well struck putt or chip is one of my favorite things about the ball.

Your experience is like many others that may dislike, dismiss or scoff at the concept for whatever reason.

I've had many people who would never play them comment about the spin on one of my chips. It's very fun and cool to see.

And as was mentioned, it's pretty cool to hold one (especially Y&B) in your hand next to a plain white ball and try not to be baffled by the optical illusion of the Truvis looking bigger.

I play with a guy who laughs at me, ya know it’s a soccer ball.. I love seeing his face when they check up so fast. His comment: that one checked so fast I think the pentagons changed position.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just bought a dozen of these based on this thread. I'm curious how it will help with visual focus. I use reading glasses, but don't use them with I play. My ability to get 100% focus on the ball can be a bit flighty - it's easier when I have the logo or text to focus on. Figure the color contrast may help keep my mind on...

SQUIRREL!

I too love watching Truvis - Callaway really accomplished some cool innovation with Truvis and it makes an outstanding practice aid even if you don't care for it on course.

I too love watching Truvis - Callaway really accomplished some cool innovation with Truvis and it makes an outstanding practice aid even if you don't care for it on course.

Callaway lucked into it and was smart enough to license the right to use it but I'm damn glad they did. :D Oh and when the team was asked to go forward with the Truvis concept, they didn't think it was a serious request until they got asked for status a little while later. LOL. Initial run was for a few thousand dozen and now they sell a couple million dozen per year IIRC (I'll have to check some notes I have).

Outside of the people involved, of all the high quality aspects of Bring It for me last year, seeing a Truvis in action for the first time was the most impressive. I was blown away by something that seems relatively simple on the surface.

I will tell you that I thought the same way. I wanted to try the Chrome Soft and ended up buying 4 dz from Dicks of the Stars and Stripes. My thought was if I didn’t like the Truvis I’ll just deal them out on here. Man I love this ball, I official switched to it. It flies great, feels great, and I’m just guessing the Truvis works. My next re stock will be Truvis for sure.

I was one who never really bought into the Premium ball deal but after hitting a CS I was convinced it's not just Hype.
Watching a chip spin off the face and then check up on the green is amazing. I love the Truvis pattern.

Chipping with a Truvis WOW!!

Love these balls. However, are the 2019 Truvis balls out yet? Don’t see them as an option on their site but they do have the 2018.

Last edited:
Love these balls. However, are the 2019 Truvis balls into our yet? Don’t see them as an option on their site but they do have the 2018.

I don’t believe the CS or the CSX changed in 2019.

I can see how chipping with the Truvis would be mindblowing. I love the Truvis on the practice putting green for the same reason, look for that smooth roll to ensure that you are putting on the line you want.

Love these balls. However, are the 2019 Truvis balls out yet? Don’t see them as an option on their site but they do have the 2018.

The ball market is pretty much on a 2 year cycle cadence. The Chrome Soft Truvis with graphene came out in 2018

I don't think you'll see a new CS till 2020. Typically balls go through a two year cycle.

I've been playing the yellow/black truvis since it came out. Like others, I love the way it looks while chipping and putting, but I also like the fact that I can pick the ball up easier in the air.

Back