Oleschool

Reaction score
Maybe it just feels heavier

a man is as old as he feels! I guess it depends on who you feel!

Turtlerancher

2021 Morgan Cup- Go Team Hackers! 😎
Albatross 2021 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
??
I stand corrected! Thanks

United we stand! Either we hang together or we shall surely hang separately! BF
Even after covid and social distancing I’m not gonna wanna hangout with some of you guys!
You mean Texans don't like this stuff?
20200410_070103.jpg20200410_062651.jpg
🤣🤣🤣

Oleschool

Reaction score
Not only no but hell no, you don’t have to shovel heat

Oleschool

Reaction score
That’s why they have yellow blue and purple golf balls white ones would vanish and only ladies have pink balls

Badger_Golfer

Reaction score
Handicap
I do as well. many times in a round a friend will be like 4ft off the green in rough and tries some sort of short pitch. sometime they pull it off but mostly they blade it to the other side of rough. My guess is they don't internalize how much simpler and lower risk just chipping with an iron wouild be
Amen. It seems like everyone wants to pretend that they are a tour pro but shots like that take a lot of skill and a lot of practice and you have to hit them almost perfectly. You have to consider how much spin you are going to get, how soft the green is and you run the risk of either duffing it or blading it if you dont hit it just right.
Why do that when you can just putt it with a 7-iron, get the ball rolling and have a shot that is much easier, much more predictable and much easier to pull off?

Cruskater

Albatross 2021 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
8i or PW depending on situation (I practiced with the A.I. face on my 7i but it seemed to come off too hot for my liking).

Acesteve

Albatross 2021 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Amen. It seems like everyone wants to pretend that they are a tour pro but shots like that take a lot of skill and a lot of practice and you have to hit them almost perfectly. You have to consider how much spin you are going to get, how soft the green is and you run the risk of either duffing it or blading it if you dont hit it just right.
Why do that when you can just putt it with a 7-iron, get the ball rolling and have a shot that is much easier, much more predictable and much easier to pull off?
maybe they release the hands too early most of the time. On a slow chip if this is done it is just a chunk and 5ft of total lenght. With a longer swing pitch they have a chance of getting under the ball if the hands release too early. Just guessing based on what my Saturday morning does well and no so well

another one I don't get is why people think that they can only chip with 1 club. I don't chip with the LW or the 7i that often but I will. Typically the shot will be more like a 44 degree to 52 degree for me.

Badger_Golfer

Reaction score
Handicap
maybe they release the hands too early most of the time. On a slow chip if this is done it is just a chunk and 5ft of total lenght. With a longer swing pitch they have a chance of getting under the ball if the hands release too early. Just guessing based on what my Saturday morning does well and no so well

another one I don't get is why people think that they can only chip with 1 club. I don't chip with the LW or the 7i that often but I will. Typically the shot will be more like a 44 degree to 52 degree for me.
True. I will chip with anything from a 4H to a PW, depending upon how close to the green I am. I love the hybrid chip for when Im on the fringe or just off of the fringe because I can just bump it, almost like Im using a chipper.
I love my PW when Im a bit further off of the green and want to fly the ball a bit more.

Turtlerancher

2021 Morgan Cup- Go Team Hackers! 😎
Albatross 2021 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
??

Scott F

I Putter Around
Albatross 2021 Club
Reaction score
My default chipping club is a 53*. Depending on the situation, I’ll go to a 56* or if I want more roll out, I’ll go as far as a 6 iron Or anything in between.

Oleschool

Reaction score
I’m in, anybody else in north Texas?

DaveGolfer15

Reaction score
Handicap
3.5 (WGH)

OldandStiff

Albatross 2021 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
+

GolferGal

Chick Norris
Boss Albatross 2021 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
Golf
I unlocked this thread, but the content of this thread must be about chipping and not turn into a banter thread or it will be closed and those people will find themselves on a 2 week vacation from the forum.

DataDude

That's Just Like Your Opinion Man
Albatross 2021 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Depending on the lie and what I need to get over, I'll use anything from hybrid to lob wedge. I did try the ratios thing for a wee while but as mentioned above there are just so many variables to make it all but useless. Generally try to get it on the ground and running as soon as possible.
I am the same. I will use anything and try to get it back on the ground quickly.

Welcome to The Hackers Paradise

Don't just play golf, live it!

Register Log in