Choi to give $200,000 to tornado relief

ripper

Reaction score
Handicap
I saw this online and thought it was pretty cool that he is doing this for a lot of people that could use the extra help right now.

PONTE VEDRA BEACH, Fla. (AP) — K.J. Choi is giving $200,000 from his win at The Players Championship to help victims of the tornados that ravaged the southeastern United States.

Choi says that while winning The Players was a defining point in his career, those affected by the tornados are going through a low point. He wants the victims to know that their troubles are not being ignored.

The South Korean won The Players in a sudden-death playoff over David Toms for his eighth career victory on the PGA Tour. He earned $1.71 million.

Choi often will give a percentage of his earnings from a PGA Tour event to a local church in the area. This time, he is giving his money to tornado victims through his K.J. Choi Foundation, which he started four years ago to help unprivileged children around the world.

Now that is an upstanding tour player. Good for him!

I have been pulling for K.J. all year and this just adds to that support. Good on him - seems to be a great guy as well as an outstanding golfer!

This doesn't shock me at all. I hear year in and year out that he is one of the most liked guys on tour and many people close to him say that hes 10x a better person than golfer. And as we can clearly see hes a pretty darn good golfer

KJ is a class act all round. He gave quite a sum to the Japanese relief efforts too. I love hearing stories like this.

Classy move champ!

class act, need more guys like him on the tour

Good one KJ!

Doesn't surprise me... :good:

His generosity should not be overlooked. Folks with much more than him do far less.

I have always liked KJ Choi and I wasn't sure exactly why but this proves I was right about him.

I already liked the guy, but now he has a fan for life. Good one KJ.

Such a great representative for the PGA, really enjoyed watching him win this weekend.

What a classy move. 2 thumbs up.

Awesome for K.J. Nice to know there are some tour players with their heads screwed on right.

thats really great to hear! im even happier he won after hearing that

I've always been a fan of KJ and I think it is great that he did what he did and he was right in saying we can not forget the people down there right now. Thank you KJ!!

That is darn cool of him. He sure seems like a stand up guy. He deserves to win more.

Back