Choose your Apparel deal (Tour pro edition)

baylrballa

2024 WWGC Food and Drink Champion
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
>10
Gave @jdtox 30 minutes to see if this was coming next.

Can do separate shoes/clothing

• Adidas Golf.
  • Bonobos.
  • Devereux.
  • Dunning Golf.
  • Footjoy.
  • G/FORE.
  • Galvin Green.
  • Greyson.
  • J.Lindeberg.
  • Lacoste.
  • Linksoul.
  • Lululemon.
  • Malbon.
  • Matte Grey
  • Mizzen + Main.
  • Nike Golf.
  • Original Penguin.
  • Peter Millar.
  • Polo Golf.
  • Puma Golf.
  • Rhone.
  • RLX Golf.
  • Straight Down.
  • TravisMathew.
  • Under Armour.
  • Uniqlo.
  • William Murray.

Much tougher choice than the clubs/balls threads. I'm going off-list for shoes, it's True Linkswear all the way. For apparel, I like a lot of what I see from Straight Down so I'll go with them.

Puma has some great materials now and it is hard to compete against that. Nike has some of the worst hats ever created. TM has their uniform look. Callaway with TM is a strong contender.

I am going with Puma just beating out Travis Mathew.

TM for me.

Puma because Cloudspun is awesome!

I just haven't tried enough of those lesser known brands. I'm sure they make quality stuff but for me it would be hard to not go with Puma for apparel. I love their style and their fit.

TM makes good stuff but the fit is usually a little snug for my taste. I can't stand Nike for anything other than shoes. Adidas isn't bad but not as fun in my opinion.

Adidas golf. Best shorts out there in my opinion.

Nike. Nice weather we’re having, huh?

Adidas golf. Best shorts out there in my opinion.
Their lowers are very strong, no doubt - but I don't feel very excited at ALL about their shirts. Loved their 1/4 zips a few years back too.

I remember when Nike put effort into their golf apparel materials and were good :ROFLMAO:
Have their shoes gone downhill? That was the main factor for me. It’s been a while since I’ve had Nikes, but they were a great fit for me and still my running shoe of choice.

Their lowers are very strong, no doubt - but I don't feel very excited at ALL about their shirts. Loved their 1/4 zips a few years back too.
Very true. But figured I could live with the shirts if I get the shorts and 1/4 zips

I would go with Greyson for apparel and Ecco for shoes. I love Greyson's shirts. They fit me perfect and match my style. Ecco's are just the only shoes that are comfy on my wideass feet.

It would have to be Adidas or TM/Cuater.

My two favorite shirt profiles right now are Matte Grey and Straight Down but I have ZERO experience with their bottoms. I would absolutely spend time with them and find out if either appeal to me, however they would need to have some form of stretch material and decent cut to work.

If that failed, it'd be a toss up between Trav and Puma. Trav makes incredible pants, hats, and anything that sits on top of a polo, but I feel like their polos are more for dinner than golf (not that I have experienced their FULL lineup). Puma makes great apparel, CloudSpun is ridiculous, but their hats aren't my perfect fit, and their shirts don't have the kind of structure I would prefer on the collar. Those subtle changes and they vault aggressively.

You left Stitch off they would be up for consideration. Peter Millar and RLX are both really good. You would need a separate rain wear line I would go with Zero Restriction mostly because I haven't worn Galvin Green to know how that would fit. I would probably go Adidas for shoes. They tend to fit my foot best.

Linksoul for shirts/pants...I guess Adidas for shoes...I'm fickle, tho.

Have their shoes gone downhill? That was the main factor for me. It’s been a while since I’ve had Nikes, but they were a great fit for me and still my running shoe of choice.
It's hit or miss. I loved the Tour Premieres, but hated at least two others from that lineup. I loved the design of the Infinity Tours, but even my normalish feet were suffocated by the narrow design. Consistency is a problem, but I am confident I could find something.

Very true. But figured I could live with the shirts if I get the shorts and 1/4 zips
I've been an Ultimate wearer for years now, and support that idea, however everything I am reading about 101 from Puma tells me it's time to branch out. adidas was ahead of the curve big time with those lowers, but man did they ever fall flat on other things at the same time.

Puma. In a HEARTBEAT. Top to bottom, most complete option out there that looks GOOD.

Puma. Cloudspun all day every day. I’ll take Puma shoes too.

I've been an Ultimate wearer for years now, and support that idea, however everything I am reading about 101 from Puma tells me it's time to branch out. adidas was ahead of the curve big time with those lowers, but man did they ever fall flat on other things at the same time.
I'm sure willing to try others, and I have, nothing has touched my ultimate shorts. But if the 101 from Puma can beat them, I'm sure willing to give them a try. Their Jackpot shorts sure fell short.

I'm sure willing to try others, and I have, nothing has touched my ultimate shorts. But if the 101 from Puma can beat them, I'm sure willing to give them a try. Their Jackpot shorts sure fell short.
I wasn't in on Jackpot either, honestly.

Give them a look. @Jman would approve.

Greg Norman, shirts, shorts, outerwear. Puma or Nike shoes

Puma by a mile. Not even close. Basically all I wear.

Back