Choose Your Mizuno Irons?

I'm currently gaming the 919 tours and they are great. If I upgraded, I think I would go for the 921 forged. Could use a slightly wider sole with the courses I usually play. But damn those mp-20mb are so sexy.

I purchased a set of JPX 921 HMP back in late 2020 and I love them. Went with Recoil shafts and they have been a great set to play with. If I was going to purchase another set of Mizuno’s I would definitely want to try the JPX 921 Forged. If there is one thing missing from my HMP’s is that forge feel.

I would have to say that i would go JPX921 Forged with a graphite shaft. I just like the looks of the iron, the workability and balance as i do like to play shots, the thin top line has always been my favorite and I played Mizuno MP 30's years ago and quite frankly wonder why i ever got rid of them....Would love a chance to go back

JPX 921 Forged w/ Recoil 95
Bent 2degrees weak!

I’ll bend them 2° week because I don’t need a 31° 70 going 190+ yards. But choosing the 921 forged over the 921 tours because of that extra forgiveness. MP20mmc would be close 2nd

Last edited:
Right now it would be the Mizuno JPX-921 Hot Metals - 4-GW, with the Nippon NS Pro Modus Tour 105R shafts, 1/2" short.

Why? Was fit for it in the fall.

Hmmm..... no combo sets allowed....

I would probably go: JPX921 Forged though I also like the idea of the MP-20 MMC's as well.

The JPX921 Forged would win out. They look sweet so looking at them from the top line would make me happy. The buttery feel of a forged is what I like to play. And they'd be more forgiving overall as sometimes I have a tendency to get flippy in the swing - so need some forgiveness.

921 Forged or 921 HMPro.

I have the 921 Forged inbound already from a recent demo day. They are very nice.

P21 Forged for sure. Just a georgeous set of irons.

Without hitting them, I would pick the JPX921 Forged irons. They look fantastic !

I would get fit before making a final decision. Without being fit, I would go with JPX 921 Hot Metal Pros.

I play the 919 Forged right now and love them. Leaning HMP just for a little more forgiveness to make this game a little easier.

Well I have the JPX 919 Forged in the bag now, so the 921s, as good as they are, aren't different enough to go that way, so it would have to be the MP-20 HMBs. I really like the look, feel, the hollow-body design, and of course it helps that I hit them really well too. I was really close to choosing the HMBs over the 919 Forged anyway, so having both would just be incredible.

MP-20 HMB, 4 - PW, with Recoil 95 Proto F3.

I'd say the 921 forged would be the closest fit for me. :unsure::unsure: however really like the MP-20 MMC

Last edited:
921 Tours 4-A, DG120 X100, 1 strong, 1 flat, Z-Soft Standard. Please and thank you.

Because I know exactly what I can get out of that look, feel, and flight, and it's pretty, pretty good.

MMC model all the way to the hole. I have both the MP18 MMC and the MP20 MMC - I like the feel of the MP18 MMC but like the thinner top line of the MP20 MMC.

I hope to hit a set of 921 Forged and 921 HMP tomorrow to see if I'm worthy. Faldo made me dislike Mizuno clubs for some reason back in the day. :sneaky:

man that's hard. i would be between 921 forged and mp-20 hmb. i think i would go with 921f, modus 120s.

921 forged all the way through i thibk, maaaaaybe the hmp 4 and 5 i though

I would have to go with the JPX921 Hot Metal irons.

JPX 921 Hot Metal - although the 921 Forged would be awful tempting since I've heard so many good things about how forged Mizuno irons feel.

JPX921 Forged, seem to fit what I would normally play and be fit into. Plus, they are so purdy!

Last edited:
People seem to be missing the no combo set clause.

Given how great the Mizuno line is I am torn between the JPX 921 Forged and the MP HMB and it might be a coin flip. I think I may go with the 921 Forged.

Back