Choose Your Mizuno Irons?

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
This is all a hypothetical, but we have something fun coming up with Mizuno called the Mizuno Experience and part of that will be every participant getting new clubs. We can't say the clubs yet of course, but stay tuned for that.

With that said, the company has a lot of options to choose from in both MP and JPX lineups.

So if you were tasked with picking a set of irons right now, and no combo sets were allowed (making things up at this point :ROFLMAO:), what would you choose and why?

And if you want to be able to signup for amazing experiences like this, check out our 2021 Albatross Club here.

JPX 921 Forged has a calling - I need to hit because I think there is something to be said for HMP!

Final choice going JPX 921 forged

Last edited:
I am fence riding hard between the 921 forged and 921 hot metal pro.

I was leaning hot metal pro when this was asked yesterday, which of course sent me to the Mizuno website to ponder more.

I think I'm back to the 921 forged today. As much as I liked the 919 forged, I think the chromoly and full body forging would be pretty noticibly upgrades in gorgeous package. 👍

JPX 921 Forged, although the MP 20 MMC are nice too.
The Forged have some pop in the bat, feel good, & look good.

Last edited:
I would go with a set of 921 Hot Metal Pros.

I'd go JPX921 Forged, because @Jman suggested this over HMP. That's reason enough for me!! But really, I was leaning Forged since the 921 lineup came out. The looks are incredible.

Having said all that, I have considered the HMP based on what other THPer's have added in regards to wanting more forgiveness.

So final answer, Forged :ROFLMAO:

HMB 20 they look so good and have slightly better chance of hitting them than the MB 🤣

1613761137839.jpeg

921 Forged 7-PW
And 921 HotMetal Pros 4-6
Recoil 110 F5s

This is a tough one. I could see myself playing any 3 of the MP 20 MMC or HMB or the 921 Forged. I think I would lean 921 Forged.

921 Forged 7-PW
And 921 HotMetal Pros 4-6
Recoil 110 F5s
After seeing this that might not be a bad combo set either.

Didn't it say no combo sets allowed :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

You got me hooked @JB , 921 Forged with Recoil 95 Protos yes please! 😎

JPX 921 Hot Metal. Perfect for me as I can benefit from the forgiveness that they provide.

This is an epic skim :ROFLMAO:
It is was an epic skim! Work brain got me. One set no combos would be the 921 Forged. I care more about the scoring irons than I do the longer irons because I don’t use 4-5 irons that much anyways.

I currently have the 919 Forged so I would have to choose between the 921 Tours or the HMB.

I think at this point in time I would finally take the plunge and go with the HMB. 4-PW with the Nippon Modus 3 Tour 120's in stiff.

921 tours..

I played the JPX 800's for 5 years. I'd go with the 921 Hot Metal's.

921 Hot Metal 5 thru Gap wedge would be my set as they were really easy to hit. Had great dispersion side to side and front to back.

Would prefer 5-9 921 Hot Metals and PW and GW 921 Hot Metal Pros. (On order:unsure:);)

JPX 921 Forged! They are beautiful, have the Mizuno feel, and are explosive!

I'd select the HMB's and sell the HMB's I have on order? 🤷‍♂️

Probably the JPX 921 Forged. Maybe the MP-20 HMB since it goes to 2 iron.

JPX forged. Voshall said they made the biggest upgrade to the forged lineup and slimmed down the top line. Was really excited to hear all that during the Showcase.

MP-20 HMB because they pack a lot of tech into a traditional package.

Back