Choose Your UST Mamiya Shafts

I have Recoil 110s in my irons and GW, my SW is wedge 125, and my LW is wedge 125 proto

All F4 stiffness

Are the 110 proto just lower torque than the standard 110?

I'd really be interested in a progressive set from the top of my bag down to the wedges.

And smacwrap has always been a go to for me when available as a custom option!

From looking at the descriptions in the graphic (and not knowing a lot about shaft profiles), the Recoil 660/680 SC look interesting.

Currently have the Smacwrap in my irons and they are outstanding! But for the sake of trying something new I would probably go 95 Prototypes in irons and the Wedge Protos in the wedges. Can't wait to see the participants choices!

Just used their online fitting tool, according to it I got these results....

RECOIL 125 IRONF4
Recoil 125 iron golf shafts are for players seeking a heavier design and a medium ball flight.

RECOIL 125 PROTOTYPE IRONF4
Recoil 125 Prototype iron golf shaft is for the player seeking a lower torque and lower ball flight.

So I'm gonna put this here. It's an older one, and I actually went back after working on my swing and took some more swings with the Shaft Optimizer, swing speed dropped to 90+ and the tempo dropped into the 5 - 5.5 range (didn't get pic).
The shaft recs based on my swing that day (which seemed really good) were 1) Project X 6.5 125g 2) Dynamic Gold X 130g and 3) C-Taper X 130g.

Given that information, does anyone have a recommendation/thoughts?

Attachments

• Shaft Optimizer.jpg
    Shaft Optimizer.jpg
    48.3 KB · Views: 8
So I'm gonna put this here. It's an older one, and I actually went back after working on my swing and took some more swings with the Shaft Optimizer, swing speed dropped to 90+ and the tempo dropped into the 5 - 5.5 range (didn't get pic).
The shaft recs based on my swing that day (which seemed really good) were 1) Project X 6.5 125g 2) Dynamic Gold X 130g and 3) C-Taper X 130g.

Given that information, does anyone have a recommendation/thoughts?

Probably Recoil 125 F5.

Recoil 110 or 125 protos! Need help controlling my trajectory height.

Previously played the 660 in my irons and would probably like to try the 760ES Smacwrap. Really like the 110 in my wedges.

I did the online fitting tool and it said 125 proto but I would be interested in trying the 110s before ruling them out.

Recoil 110 Protos for me. I have a set with them in them (thanks :thp:) and I love them.

I have been playing the Proto 110s but I would love to try the Proto 95s just to see if I can squeeze out a bit more club speed.

I have loved the 480 ESX in my hybrid, so I would stick with that in that slot.

I would also like try the recoil utility proto. I hear great things, so that would go in the utility club spot.

I am leaning towards the Recoil 95. Based on what I know, think they'd be fun to give a go!

Looking at these, I would select the recoil 760/ES Smacwrap. I don't like to feel the vibration in my irons on poor hits and from the looks of things, these have strong dampening built-in.

Screenshot_20200924-153405_Chrome.jpg

These were my results...given my Shaft Optimizer results think it makes sense to go with the 125. Think I would lean non prototype since I feel like I'm already a pretty low launch player anyway.

Modus 120 currently... so maybe Recoil 110? Possibly 95s Prototype?

I could use all of your advice on choosing the shafts for my Hogan irons. I will decide and change my mind multiple times between the PTxPros and Edge irons. then add the 50, 54, 58 wedges.

What shafts do I play now:

Irons:
5i-GW Ping AMT 2.0 S flex. 104g G410 irons
4i. UST Mamiya Recoil ESX 460 F4. 67g (in my Cobra Speedzone)

Wedges:
54* CBX2 with Dynamic Gold 115 Wedge
60* Vokey SM7 with their "wedge flex" steel shaft.

Arccos distances:
4i: 202 total. 220-236 off the tee.
7i : 164
P: 129
54: 94

Initial thoughts....Recoil 95 or Proto 95. F4. then transition to Wedge Flex.

I could use all of your advice on choosing the shafts for my Hogan irons. I will decide and change my mind multiple times between the PTxPros and Edge irons. then add the 50, 54, 58 wedges.

What shafts do I play now:

Irons:
5i-GW Ping AMT 2.0 S flex. 104g G410 irons
4i. UST Mamiya Recoil ESX 460 F4. 67g (in my Cobra Speedzone)

Wedges:
54* CBX2 with Dynamic Gold 115 Wedge
60* Vokey SM7 with their "wedge flex" steel shaft.

Arccos distances:
4i: 202 total. 220-236 off the tee.
7i : 164
P: 129
54: 94

Initial thoughts....Recoil 95 or Proto 95. F4. then transition to Wedge Flex.
I play very similar weights and distances to you, and I have been very happy with the Recoil 110 Prototype in my irons. I liked the extra weight which helps me stay on plane better and tightened up my dispersion. I would also go with that shafts 4-PW.

Wedges I would think either Recoil 125 Prototype or Wedge Prototype.

ESX for me. I have been playing them all year in my irons and have no issues with them at all.

The 125 protos and wedge shafts. The ion plated shafts look sweet!

I would go with either the Proto 95's or the 780smackwraps which I already have.
I think the Proto's would give me a lower ball flight.

Back